Old 08-08-2002, 07:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The '73-76 & '78 W72-79 T/A aircleaner bases are out there in used circles. Maybe not for $10- $35... but they are available [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The straight style plastic adapter that goes in the end of this aircleaner's snorkle would sell VERY well if reproduced.

Old 08-08-2002, 06:34 PM

I would like to see the rubber front and or rear bumper for the 74 t/a or bird reproduced.

Old 08-13-2002, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

How about either rubber or neo bushings for rear boxed control arms for the 64 GTO/Lemans?

Old 08-13-2002, 12:49 PM

Full factory style quarter-panels for 1970-73 Firebirds

Old 08-17-2002, 04:26 AM

PLEASE! I know it has already been asked for. 69 to 72 Grand Prix signal lenses. Mine looks silly without them. Did see one NOS on E-Bay go for $162.50

Old 08-25-2002, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure if anyone has asked for this on this post but how about '68 Firebird front Parking lamp housings?

Old 08-30-2002, 10:49 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

How about a rear body panel for 69 Firebirds?

Old 08-30-2002, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by 67_428_FBird:
Not sure if anyone has asked for this on this post but how about '68 Firebird front Parking lamp housings?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Done. PY #'s GFF70H GFF71H $59/ea.

Old 08-31-2002, 10:44 AM

Ram Air Systems (complete)

Why has someone not realized that if they were to correctly reproduce complete Ram Air systems and price them reasonably, they would increase the potential sales of these set-ups ? $400-$500 for a Hood Baffle and/or Carb Shroud is not reasonable enough to reach owner's who would like Ram Air even though their car didn't come with it.

As it is, only those who have original RA cars will most likely be the only one's spending the big money. Economically, doesn't it make more sense to market something to MANY people instead of a small segment ? I've showed Baffles & Shrouds to several die-makers, too-makers and suppliers. They cannot understand why these items are selling for as much as they are since the tooling/forming is not that extensive especially since today's technology is much better and actually cheaper.

Consider the range of applications if complete systems were reproduced:

'67-'69 Firebird
Using the 67/68 Hood Baffle & 67/68 Carb Shroud, it's possible to market this open set-up to many owners. Adding the pieces from the driver-controlled scoops from '69 expands this usage even more. It shouldn't take much to tool-up for the Flapper-Valve Assy and allow it to be mounted to a non-Ram Air 400 Hood Inner. This would allow ANY '67-'69 Firebird owner to have functional, controlled Ram Air.

Same thing applies to the GTO '68-'70.

If a complete Ram Air set-up were priced in the nieghborhood of $500 or less, imagine how many people would/could buy it ?

Sure, anything produced in a limited quantity is going to be expensive. So, why not reach the masses ?

Eph. 4:32
Semper Fi
http://members.aol.com:/ramair68/gen1home.html
Old 08-31-2002, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I for one appreciated the introduction of quality steel repropans 6-7 years ago. Tim B did a great job on them. Excellent quality. Considering what I & many others were coming up with used then & now, & the costly repairs needed to repair, I see the repro metal pans as very affordably priced.

John, I noticed Chris's post on the new '68 GTO-Bird R/A tub & pricing. Is $270 not cheap enough? In comparison, the only repro R/A stuff that is more expensive is the '69 F-body pieces. Considering how rare these cars are, have no problem with limited production pans & tubs costing some major bucks. Last point to ponder..in order to have cheap RA stuff, the quality will be cheap & even more clones will be built, misrepresented, & Volo'ed. Not good.

Old 08-31-2002, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ol' Pinion head:
I noticed Chris's post on the new '68 GTO-Bird R/A tub & pricing. Is $270 not cheap enough? In comparison, the only repro R/A stuff that is more expensive is the '69 F-body pieces. Considering how rare these cars are, have no problem with limited production pans & tubs costing some major bucks. Last point to ponder..in order to have cheap RA stuff, the quality will be cheap & even more clones will be built, misrepresented, & Volo'ed. Not good.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mr Pinion-Head;

I can appreciate your observations about what IS available. I'm only saying that there are plenty of non-concours types out there who would like to add Ram Air but cannot justify spending $1500+
buying repro pieces. When the first '67/'68 Firebird Hood Baffles came out, they were $450ea.
Now they're in the $300's. Getting better.

I don't see how quality has to be sacraficed.
A tool is made, metal is formed and/or laser cut.
After the tooling charges, it makes no difference if (1) is stamped or (200). Of course, using Kirksite dies has it's limitations. This is generally soft metal and after so many hits, sharp character lines can 'soften'.

My point was that IF complete systems were available (and I don't see that they are) AND
they were produced in a large enough quantity and affordable, MANY people would want these systems.
As it is, suppliers justify the high-cost by pointing to the low-run. Only way quality would be diminished is if the master tooling was inferior to begin with.

Cost is not usually an issue with a few concours type restorations. I'm only suggesting that more attention be paid to the little guy; There are more of them than the trailer-queen cars.

PY dropping the price of the Carb Shroud is a step in the right direction.

Finally, I wouldn't be too concerned about people making clones simply because the parts are readily available. Thanks to PMD, enthusiasts have the Billing History to verify authenticity.
What's real is real. Anything else simply looks nice. Nothing wrong with that.

Eph. 4:32
Semper Fi
http://members.aol.com:/ramair68/gen1home.html
Old 09-02-2002, 09:55 PM

John:
You wrote that you talked to some tool makers. Why don't you have the systems made? If you could put an entire system together for under $400.00, I would purchase a set, and I'm sure others would be in line also!!

Old 09-04-2002, 08:44 PM

I'll second the exposed 68 headlight parts, also the 68 grills.

Old 09-04-2002, 09:43 PM

Late 70's T?A seatbelts.

Old 09-04-2002, 09:45 PM

Correct shift buttons with gold birds for 77-79 T/A.

Old 09-15-2002, 06:12 PM

The following parts for 68 Grand Prix.

I would love to see the Rocker panel emblems that say GP in them. All 67 GPs used them and 68 400s had them. E-mail me and I can send you a picture if you are unsure what emblems I am talking about.

How about some 68 arrow head emblems for the front bumper.

Another thing would be the 67 2+2 louvers for the fenders.

And last would be some lower rear quarters for the full size cars. 67-68s would be nice.

The trunk floors for 65-68 Full size. Even if not factory correct.

When are we going to see the seat covers for the 68 GP?

Old 09-15-2002, 06:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Probably been requested before, but 66 GTO, Tempest, Lemans back bumpers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al2b-...eature=related
Old 09-18-2002, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Parking lenses for 1961 full size.

Old 09-19-2002, 04:48 AM
Senior Chief

77 T/A GRILLES

Old 09-20-2002, 09:35 PM

Here is one I forgot to mention. The clips for the sun visor mirrors to the visors that origionally had them. I have a mirror and a visor but no clips to put them on. I would really think there would be a need for these.