Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:32 AM

Default Just Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzz
Steve................when I placed my order I mentioned the catalog and asked if I was on the list to receive one................the sales rep asked my address and then confirmed that I was all set. Thanks for following-up and adding me to the next mailing.

Scott
Steve..................I just received my catalog yesterday...................that was quick......

Thanks, Scott

Old 02-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Senior Chief

Steve,
I recieved my catalog on thursday.
Thank You,Craig

Old 02-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, this thread has convinced me to try ONE more time. This will be at least 4 attempts over almost a 5 year span.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid
Ok, this thread has convinced me to try ONE more time. This will be at least 4 attempts over almost a 5 year span.
Greg
I just checked and your name came through fine. Your on the next list that should ship next week.

Steve

Old 02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Administrator

It looks like the last bulk mailing we sent (which was dropped off at the post office on 1/10) has been reaching everyone this week. It looks like that mailing took nearly 3 weeks to get processed. I wouldn't be surprised if USPS let the whole batch sit somewhere for a week or two but better late than never. I hope this is an isolated incident and these bulk mailings normally get delivered quicker than that but it seems we are at the mercy of the post office at the moment. We'll try to keep in contact with them and hopefully "keep them on their toes" as much as possable.

Just to recap, it looks like the system we have been using to gather names has been unreliable for some reason. Ever since the posters in this thread helped us to realise there was a major problem with that system, we've stopped using it altogether. I've switched the catalog request form over to a very simple system that I'm positive won't loose a single name. So if you are in the US (and can type your address correctly [you know who you are :p ]), I guarantee that you will get added to the next free mailing list and a catalog will arrive in your mailbox within 3 to 6 weeks.

You can go through the regular catalogs link at the top of any Performance Years webpage or use either of these links:

For the Latest PY GTO/Tempest/Lemans Catalog (Currently Volume 11A):
http://performanceyears.com/GTOcat-req.html

For the Latest PY Firebird/Trans Am Catalog (Currently Volume 11H):
http://performanceyears.com/FBcat-req.html

If you are outside the US, you can have a catalog added to any PY order at no additional charge. Or you can call or email us and request a catalog be mailed to you (however this method is not free and a mailing charge will apply).

I also want to thank everyone who has posted in this thread and kept us informed over the phone to help us work out what wasn't working with our entire catalog mailing process. It's something that is hard to trouble shoot without your feedback.

Thanks again
Steve

Old 02-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just signed up for a GTO catalog.

1969 GTO - 461, turbo 400, Continental 13", 3.08 gears. - 12.59 e.t. @ 108.43 mph, 1.898 60'

1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme- 461, turbo 350, PTC 3500 converter, 9" 3:50 gears. = 11.39 e.t. @ 117.55 mph, 1.599 60' on E85
Old 02-03-2008, 10:56 AM

Any word on the 2008 firebird catalog?

Old 02-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac6269
I just signed up for a GTO catalog.
Your address came through just fine. You'll be in the next mailing.
Thanks

Old 02-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot72rod
Any word on the 2008 firebird catalog?
I'm still working on it. We wanted to have it ready for February but other projects have slowed it down more then we wanted. At this point we will have them in-hand on the first week in April. That is basically our drop-dead date so you can pretty much count on it happening.

Sorry for the delay and I hope you like all the effort we put into this new catalog.
Steve

Old 02-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_fan
Greg
I just checked and your name came through fine. Your on the next list that should ship next week.

Steve
I'm glad I didn't revive this thread yesterday, as I had intended, to complain about STILL not having my catalog in hand.
Went home yesterday and it was in the mailbox. First PY catalog I've ever had in 5 years on this site.
Thanks Steve.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Recieved my catalog today, can tell I haven't seen one in a long time, tons of new parts. Thanks PY.

Eric

1969 GTO - 461, turbo 400, Continental 13", 3.08 gears. - 12.59 e.t. @ 108.43 mph, 1.898 60'

1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme- 461, turbo 350, PTC 3500 converter, 9" 3:50 gears. = 11.39 e.t. @ 117.55 mph, 1.599 60' on E85
Old 03-02-2008, 10:19 PM

Default I Got my Catalog Alright?????

Requested a catalog online a couple of weeks ago.
I got it.
But it's 2 years old.

??????????????

Old 03-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm69
I got it.
But it's 2 years old.

??????????????

Some people are just WAY too picky!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm69
I got it.
But it's 2 years old.

??????????????

Just give it a little time, they are going to be putting the new one out in just a little bit.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Administrator

If you requested a Firebird catalog, the current version is about 12 months old. We've been hard at work making big improvements to the new version which will be available the first week in April (I promise).
We'll automatically send out the new FB catalog to everyone that requested a FB catalog over the past few months as soon as the new one is in hand. So you won't have to worry about requesting the new one in a few weeks.

Steve