Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, I am.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I upgraded to IE 8 today. Still can't get into the catalogs.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know what happened but, I was able to access the catalog for about two minutes. Then it started giving me the same error message as before.
I did have a Java update installed just before trying it. It worked the first time but, when I logged out and then went back in it wouldn't work.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have found that if I go to the main page ( www.performanceyears.com ) and click on the "featured Products" I can access the catalog and even checkout. But, if I try going through the sign-in or browse link I get the error.
Also, if I go through one of those links I can't go back and go through the "Featured Products" link. I will then get the same error.
I can close my Internet browser, reopen it and go through the featured link once again.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
I have found that if I go to the main page ( www.performanceyears.com ) and click on the "featured Products" I can access the catalog and even checkout. But, if I try going through the sign-in or browse link I get the error.
Also, if I go through one of those links I can't go back and go through the "Featured Products" link. I will then get the same error.
I can close my Internet browser, reopen it and go through the featured link once again.
WOW, I'm not getting that at all.
I discovered yesterday that one of the computers in the office is having the problem that you are describing. I spent several hours last night trying to figure out what would be causing this issue and I'm still coming up with nothing.
I just tried accessing the order system from the featured link like you described and I'm still getting the error message on that computer. Did you only order the featured item you clicked on or were you able to browser around the site also?

Steve

Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Administrator

I just had a little breakthrough.
I deleted the cookies on the office computer that is having this problem and it was able to browse the catalog without problems.
It looks like the issue is related to the cookie the site creates.
If you can delete the cookie for www.pysales.com, you should be able to browse the catalog. I'll keep trying to find a perminant solution.

Steve

Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_fan View Post
WOW, I'm not getting that at all.
I discovered yesterday that one of the computers in the office is having the problem that you are describing. I spent several hours last night trying to figure out what would be causing this issue and I'm still coming up with nothing.
I just tried accessing the order system from the featured link like you described and I'm still getting the error message on that computer. Did you only order the featured item you clicked on or were you able to browser around the site also?

Steve
Try closing that Internet browser down. Then bring up any off line program and then close it. Now, go back on-line to Performance Years main page. Click on the featured Items and it should take you to the catalog choice page. I click on the GTO catalog and then any subsection and it works. But, if I go through the sign-in page it doesn't work and the featured items link will not work either.
I will try deleting the cookie and see what happens.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I deleted all cookies, temp files and history. I was able to access the catalog from the PY main page.
But, when I go to the tech forums and hit the order online link(without signing in) I end up getting the same error and I can't access the catalog from any link after that until I shut down and restart my internet browser. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but, when I hit the order online link in the forums I get the old home page and the catalog doesn't work.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I deleted the links to Performance years that I had in my favorites. Then, I went to the new home page and added it back to my favorites. Then, I went to the tech forums and added it back to my favorites.
Now, everything seems to work. I can accesss the catalog from the home page or through the lobby.
Let's hope this solves our problem.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Senior Chief

I did not change anything and now its working on my pc...was able to access the online catalog and order parts.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmen View Post
I did not change anything and now its working on my pc...was able to access the online catalog and order parts.
Wow, I didn't know I could fix everybody's problem!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Wow, I didn't know I could fix everybody's problem!
now if you can only make all the parts "in stock"

Old 04-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmen View Post
now if you can only make all the parts "in stock"
What would we have to complain about then?

Old 04-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Senior Chief

I did like fyrffytr1 said and deleted all cookies, history, and temp files and now I can get the catalogs to work OK. Thanks!