Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I was installing the Formula Wheel kit, P/N PY139K.

But given all the great service I have had from PY through the years it just wasn't THAT big of a deal. It's installed and looks great!

My 70 Judge Restoration documented at: http://thejudge.dyndns-home.com:8080/
Old 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM

I too recently bought a Formula Wheel kit off Ebay from here but like you guys have mentioned the horn button did not have the locating tab on it.... while it did turn a bit its easy enough to hold the switch down a bit while tightening the nut to make sure it does not turn. The nut is only tightened to 30 ft lbs anyway.

My issue is with the screws that were sent with the collar/adaptor, mine we rusted! I contacted PY via ebay email system and she said she would take care of them and send me out new ones asap! I received them 3 days later, which is shipping time, however they are a different thread pitch!!!

I will post up their reply from ebay once I get one hopefully tomorrow...

I am needing fine thread screws instead of the replacement coarse thread screws they sent.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeOcean71Bird View Post
I too recently bought a Formula Wheel kit off Ebay from here but like you guys have mentioned the horn button did not have the locating tab on it.... while it did turn a bit its easy enough to hold the switch down a bit while tightening the nut to make sure it does not turn. The nut is only tightened to 30 ft lbs anyway.

My issue is with the screws that were sent with the collar/adaptor, mine we rusted! I contacted PY via ebay email system and she said she would take care of them and send me out new ones asap! I received them 3 days later, which is shipping time, however they are a different thread pitch!!!

I will post up their reply from ebay once I get one hopefully tomorrow...

I am needing fine thread screws instead of the replacement coarse thread screws they sent.
The originals were coarse thread. (PYI39S) When we reproduced the collars, the screws were included in the reproduction quote. We approved the collar and didn't notice that had made the screws fine thread. They also didn't plate them properly so ALL of the screws in the collars are poor plating. In the short term, the solution is to paint them black. Long term, we're trying to get them to make us a bunch of extra screws that are black cad plated.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey CCass,

Keep us posted on the black cad screws. Mine are/were rusted too and replacements would be great.

My 70 Judge Restoration documented at: http://thejudge.dyndns-home.com:8080/
Old 07-25-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Judge View Post
Hey CCass,

Keep us posted on the black cad screws. Mine are/were rusted too and replacements would be great.
Ditto. The rust wasn't terrible on mine as it simply wiped off with a cloth, however the CAD finish wiped off as well.

1970 Pontiac GTO
Orbit Orange Judge Re-creation / YZ RAIII 400 / M21 4-Speed
1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
5.7 LITRE / TES Headers / SShaker Hood / WCT5 5-Speed
Old 07-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Administrator

It looks like we should be getting a bunch of new screws made up for those that would like replacements. I don't have the details of how long it is going to take but I'll update when I get the details. It's overseas so it might take a little bit but I'm confident they will make good on this. If I could get them here in the USA with this particular thread, I'd do it but I can ironicly only find the 'correct' thread screws here in the USA.