Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=Ccass;4890732]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
noooo

I'm just agreeing with original poster Wtabi about the shock factor when opening the box. Deal Breaker for me completely - especially if i had ordered them online without any clue they would boldly say CRAGAR on the exterior.

I can clearly now see that you and Wtabi are VERY loyal to the Hurst brand name and therefore, in a way, are offended that another company is copying, counterfeiting etc. these wheels. I can see how that makes it a deal breaker for each of you. I'll bet you also cringe and get pretty annoyed every time you read about a GTO clone as well. ;). That's certainly your opinion and you are not alone. But I checked sales history and we've sold 20 sets of these wheels since we put the kit together about 20 months ago. Not a single complaint or return. Even still, I'd bet that every one of those owners would have preferred to have there be no logo or the Hurst logo even though it still wouldn't make the wheel pass for a real Hurst wheel. That's a testimony to the Hurst brand name. But it appears that there are plenty of owners that are willing to look past the visible Cragar logo in favor of the classic Hurst look with the updated sizes and technology they offer. That's the very reason why we put together the package. Anyway, we're going to change our descriptions for these wheels to 'Hurst Style' wheels and we'll be including information about the CRAGAR logo. This way, there will be no chance of offending an unsuspecting Hurst fanatic.
I think the change in description is a great idea.

I would have to agree with the two other I would be very dissapointed too to open the box and see a big CRAIGER logo on the rim, if I was trying to do a poor mans Hurst look. I don't know if I would be disapointed enough to send them back. I'm sure the cost of sending them back would fall to the consumer but I don't know. I for one am very picky about what I bolt on to my car, for reasons I don't understand myself. I don't know if I would make the analogy of cloning GTOs or 400 Firebirds. I would compare it to a dealer puting his sticker on my brand new car or putting wheel weight on the outside of mag rim:)

Old 03-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=rohrt;4890825]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post

if I was trying to do a poor mans Hurst look.
why would you consider it a poor mans hurst look?

Old 03-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Administrator

[QUOTE=rohrt;4890825]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post

I think the change in description is a great idea.

I would have to agree with the two other I would be very dissapointed too to open the box and see a big CRAIGER logo on the rim,
Just for the record BVZ used the term 'boldly' when describing the logo. Now you subconsciously said 'big'. The fact is that 20 car owners thought the logo was small and insignificant. We also think the logo is small and insignificant. That's because the idea of the wheels is for you to see 'Hurst' when you see the car from as close as about 8 feet. If someone wants to kneel down and inspect the wheels further, then it doesn't matter whether the logo is on there or not. From 3 feet, they are clearly not Hurst wheels.

Last edited by Ccass; 03-30-2013 at 03:09 PM.