Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Carpet was the easy part. Some of the rpi numbers are gmi now and some are of different parts. My catalog is last years I think. Although if you enter an incomplete part number it will bring up all items starting with the part of the number entered. I managed to get through it. Now to break the bad news to the wife! Lol

My wife says she'd llike my car a lot more if it wasn't mine.

64 Grand Prix 389 .030, 1.65 Scorpion Rollers, Tripower, RARE Long Branch, Custom Stainless Exhaust and mufflers, 3.90 posi 200-4R. 068 cam.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:23 AM
Suspended

I got a carpet from another vendor for my 73 GTO & it to had to be sent back & the 2nd one still didn't fit either but I just fiugered I had to live with it. It to was an ACC carpet , can I now get a replacement to or do i have to contact the vendor I got it from & then call ACC. My carpet was short in front by about 8 inchs & the dimmer hole ddin't line up. This is one of the premium carpets that has the better softer style carpet. It was/is a 1 peice carpet & it's been in the car about 1 1/2 years now & the wrinkles are still not out of it. When I put it in the weather was almost 100 deg.'s & it set out in my drive for about 4 hours to help get it flat before I put it in. But no luck. They did replace the 1st one with no problem But I got tired of taking my car apart to put in another new carpet & lived with it but after seeing the posts I don't think I should have to,,, can I get some help here ??? Please let me know as I'm about to put the car up for the winter & it would be a perfect time for me to get it apart again & put another new carpet in if I can & maybe this one will fit. I'll have to see if I an find my reciept for it but I think I got it from either OPG. or Ames, not 100 % sure because I was buying a lot of stuff at that time from everybody to get the car done. Even our host but I'm pretty sure I ddin't get the carpet from our host. Is there help in my future???

Old 09-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
I got a carpet from another vendor for my 73 GTO & it to had to be sent back & the 2nd one still didn't fit either but I just fiugered I had to live with it. It to was an ACC carpet , can I now get a replacement to or do i have to contact the vendor I got it from & then call ACC. My carpet was short in front by about 8 inchs & the dimmer hole ddin't line up. This is one of the premium carpets that has the better softer style carpet. It was/is a 1 peice carpet & it's been in the car about 1 1/2 years now & the wrinkles are still not out of it. When I put it in the weather was almost 100 deg.'s & it set out in my drive for about 4 hours to help get it flat before I put it in. But no luck. They did replace the 1st one with no problem But I got tired of taking my car apart to put in another new carpet & lived with it but after seeing the posts I don't think I should have to,,, can I get some help here ??? Please let me know as I'm about to put the car up for the winter & it would be a perfect time for me to get it apart again & put another new carpet in if I can & maybe this one will fit. I'll have to see if I an find my reciept for it but I think I got it from either OPG. or Ames, not 100 % sure because I was buying a lot of stuff at that time from everybody to get the car done. Even our host but I'm pretty sure I ddin't get the carpet from our host. Is there help in my future???
Are you actually asking the vendor (our host) that you didn't buy it from to help you with this???

That's got to be a new low!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 09-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ccass mentioned that you can order with special instructions to not cut it and leave it oversized. Rex, perhaps you should contact the other vendor and provide said instructions for your replacement carpet. I intend to do the same when my carpet is ordered. Upholstery scissors be a lot cheaper than putting carpet in and out

My wife says she'd llike my car a lot more if it wasn't mine.

64 Grand Prix 389 .030, 1.65 Scorpion Rollers, Tripower, RARE Long Branch, Custom Stainless Exhaust and mufflers, 3.90 posi 200-4R. 068 cam.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Rex, PY is not in a good position to act on your behalf here if ACC has no record of selling it to us.

If that carpet is defective, then ACC should be interested in fixing the problem. I don't see why you need a dealer to be involved to solve the problem.

e-mail me your last name and zip code and I can check if you got it from PY.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:37 AM
Suspended

Boss it's not a new low , I think if you read the entire post I did mention that I didn't know who I bought it from. I was buying a lot of parts from all the vendors when I went through my 73 GTO so with that your at the new low for not reading the whole post. Just because I didn't say their name as one of the vendors I might have bought the carpet from didn't mean I didn't get it from them.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
Boss it's not a new low , I think if you read the entire post I did mention that I didn't know who I bought it from. I was buying a lot of parts from all the vendors when I went through my 73 GTO so with that your at the new low for not reading the whole post. Just because I didn't say their name as one of the vendors I might have bought the carpet from didn't mean I didn't get it from them.
I read the whole thing Rex (as you can see I highlighted multiple segments) but really didn't need to go past the first 7 words.

BTW, you're is a contraction for you are, and is not spelled your.

Best of luck with your carpeting.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Replaced mine four years ago. It was too short at the toe plate and at right side as well.
Cut a section from old carpet to make up the difference. It looks okay on right side hard to see. But the left side was much more noticeable so removed that piece. Am picking up another carpet from Legendary at Carlisle hopefully this one is the correct length on both sides.

If you always do what you always did
You always get what you always got
Old 10-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just for the record, I installed the carpeting in the 70 Convertible last week - process was a piece of cake! Plenty of carpet on the back, sides & front to trim & fit perfectly. Went right up to the heater box tightly and had to trim it around where the accelerator cable mounts to the fire wall. Nice fit at the back where the seat bottom mounts too - won't have to worry about it slipping out when somebody steps in.

Thanks PY!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4497.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	378769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4498.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	378770   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4499.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	378771   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4501.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	378772  

Old 10-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's 1................Look's great

Old 10-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I put mine in a few months ago. I didn't have any problem with it either. If I wanted to be really picky, I could-

-Wish that the the carpet was a little tighter over the tranny hump but I can definitely live with it since it's a console car.
-Wish that it came with another inch or two to spare at the toeboard/firewall but you have to lay your head on the floorboard to see that.

Cutting the hole for the dimmer was a non issue and the grommet was in the box.

Not much waste with this carpet set. Maybe three or four inches to play with along both sides. You can see the entire waste pile in the second photo on the rear floor.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:14 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I read the whole thing Rex (as you can see I highlighted multiple segments) but really didn't need to go past the first 7 words.

BTW, you're is a contraction for you are, and is not spelled your.

Best of luck with your carpeting.
Good work Boss. Glad to see that a few people still understand the English language

Old 10-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7072 View Post
Good work Boss. Glad to see that a few people still understand the English language
A classic example of why kids should stay in school and learn something.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I hate to open an old wound, but..........
Now that AMES is running the show, do you think that they would honer the work that you did the help all in need of a proper fitting carpet from ACC?
I bought mine from AMES a couple of years ago and I am sure others did too.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well?

Old 03-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Ames Staff Member

I am not sure what we are supposed to honor please explain. ACC stands behind there carpets if a defective one was sent out they will make good on it. I would make sure to check fit upon receiving it and notify us immediately if it is defective. Pictures really help in speeding up the process and showing the areas of concern.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969GTO View Post
I hate to open an old wound, but..........
Now that AMES is running the show, do you think that they would honer the work that you did the help all in need of a proper fitting carpet from ACC?
I bought mine from AMES a couple of years ago and I am sure others did too.
This actually IS opening up old wounds. :(

PY really didn't do anything unique in regard to this subject. Suppliers make mistakes and it's the seller's responsibility to represent the customer when a mistake is made. That's what we did for one or two customers that had problems with their ACC carpet in this topic. The Ames crew will do the same.

If someone has a specific problem carpet, contact Ames directly so they can get all the details. If it turns out to be a defective product, they'll work with the mfg to resolve.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Carpet Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhpontiac72 View Post
I am not sure what we are supposed to honor please explain. ACC stands behind there carpets if a defective one was sent out they will make good on it. I would make sure to check fit upon receiving it and notify us immediately if it is defective. Pictures really help in speeding up the process and showing the areas of concern.
Please see Post # 13

Old 03-05-2015, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969GTO View Post
Please see Post # 13
Start a new topic. This topic has addressed and resolved all issues.