Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat 67 View Post
That's good news Chris! Is the price still going to be $250?

Charles
Yep

Old 02-21-2015, 11:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wait until all the guys that bought from PY and were never members on the forums, or never got on the forums, find out PY is gone. If they don't get an email about what happened, they won't know to go to Ames for parts. Not everyone gives out their email when buying parts online, unless it's required. To them it could be like on the TV show "Hee Haw" we used to watch... "And poof you were gone!" LOL

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Wait until all the guys that bought from PY and were never members on the forums, or never got on the forums, find out PY is gone. If they don't get an email about what happened, they won't know to go to Ames for parts. Not everyone gives out their email when buying parts online, unless it's required. To them it could be like on the TV show "Hee Haw" we used to watch... "And poof you were gone!" LOL
If you are any of these; A Pontiac owner with an e-mail, a member of the PY forums, an occasional PY forums lurker, PY forums member, active PY customer an internet user or an active Ames customer, facebook user, you are going to have heard about this news. It's all over the internet. Every google search for PY or Ames yields the answer to what happened. thousands of e-mails have been sent and btw, anyone that places an order online to PY or Ames IS required to give their e-mail address.

On the other hand, If you are old school and don't use the internet, you are going to call or fax and get the story as well

If you are a bear and in hibernation until the Spring and don't use any of these methods of communication, maybe you'll go to one of the shows and see PY trailer as always. Maybe you'll get your POCI or GTOAA magazine and read about it.

Other than a few glitches over last weekend that created some confusion, what happened is really a total non issue.

I think the issue is more about 'change' or the resisting of change and how that change affects each of us. I've discussed my thoughts on this topic here on the forums on several occasions. A small amount of people are going to be cynical and feel threatened by change. Most of those small group of people will come around and realize that the change is not bad. Thank goodness those that just can't deal with change are in the vast minority.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:22 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Chris I was being cynical, at least I hope not. I was trying to be helpful.

I can only imagine the pressure you are under.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hoog View Post
Chris I was being cynical, at least I hope not. I was trying to be helpful.

I can only imagine the pressure you are under.
your posts are fine. :)

Old 02-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default CHCHCHANGES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
If you are any of these; A Pontiac owner with an e-mail, a member of the PY forums, an occasional PY forums lurker, PY forums member, active PY customer an internet user or an active Ames customer, facebook user, you are going to have heard about this news. It's all over the internet. Every google search for PY or Ames yields the answer to what happened. thousands of e-mails have been sent and btw, anyone that places an order online to PY or Ames IS required to give their e-mail address.

On the other hand, If you are old school and don't use the internet, you are going to call or fax and get the story as well

If you are a bear and in hibernation until the Spring and don't use any of these methods of communication, maybe you'll go to one of the shows and see PY trailer as always. Maybe you'll get your POCI or GTOAA magazine and read about it.

Other than a few glitches over last weekend that created some confusion, what happened is really a total non issue.

I think the issue is more about 'change' or the resisting of change and how that change affects each of us. I've discussed my thoughts on this topic here on the forums on several occasions. A small amount of people are going to be cynical and feel threatened by change. Most of those small group of people will come around and realize that the change is not bad. Thank goodness those that just can't deal with change are in the vast minority.
...I can admit it now but I have always been a loyal AMES customer (early 1990s after YEAR 1)..I like that PONTIAC only thing and just the company in general (although I have never liked that HARRY THE APE character..perhaps if he looked more GENERAL URKO like)...but I did order from P.Y. (in hindsight not like I should have)...because I still feel that your P.Y. FORUM opened up a inspirational car restoration site (example; NJSTEVES thread)..and in turn purchasing your PONTIAC parts from the host site..but for me this ultimately tuned out as the best of both worlds...this has to be a tough business (but even the smallest vendor may have something the other guy does not)...but AMES did get the big orders...but I do think that in my posts I was always mentioning and saying to support P.Y...I suppose I was just a loyal AMES customer and that s not a bad thing..especially now that I can say it and not feel bad!!..I missed the forums for a few days..I even posted some jokes in a thread about it..it clearly stated that the forum would be right back..in business sometimes a merger like that has to be done just like the way it was..I got an E-MAIL and its all good!..Chris I agree 100% on your post and just for this forum alone you deserve our support!!...its just like when I vote REPUBLICAN...someone else votes and cancels mine out...

Last edited by transam1972; 02-22-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:44 PM

My two cents worth FWIW:
I have ordered from PY and Ames and like them both. For me, each has good customer service and parts. The two times that I had to return a part, I had no problems doing so. I once placed an order for clutch linkage for my 64 from a vendor, that I will not name (Parts Place), and one item was not like it was described. So, I called the company and respectfully asked about the item. I got some attitude from the customer service rep. After I got the guy to understand what I was asking about, he calmed down and I understood the switch in parts. People should take a moment and just listen before crawling through someone's ear hole.

I have not ordered from that company since then and pretty much switched all of my business to PY and Ames. Both are great to deal with. Now I only have to deal with Ames or NPD. I hope that PY comes up with new products for the 64 Lemans / GTO.

The link problem at the beginning of the take-over was just a momentary bit of confusion on my part - it all worked out fine for me. I have no complaints. Pontiac power moves on!

Old 05-31-2015, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is there a link to Ames on the forum page? When it was PY I could click on a link at the top of the page and it would take me to online ordering but I can't find a link to Ames.

Old 05-31-2015, 04:50 PM
Senior Chief

If You click on a catalog link at the right You will go to Ames site.

`70 GTO, 370 hp, 3:90, TH400.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank You.