Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They have certainly done me justice over the years. Always my first go to for parts that must be correct.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I like Ames.
But I sure do miss being able to drive 35 mins to Performance Years.

Dave

Old 12-21-2017, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve v View Post
There's also a cost involved in going to Home Depot to pick up that $5.00 worth of hardware.

My truck will take $6.00 worth of gas to get there and back and there's the wear & tear on everything. After searching thru their bins @ HD you'll find they only have 5 screws & you need 10 so now it's off to Lowes to see what they have in stock. Then the chance that some idiot will back into your truck or let their shopping cart roll into your door while parked there is pretty high.

While you're standing in line waiting to pay your $5 for the hardware and the guy in front of you has two dozen or more plumbing fittings with each one being scanned individually....... you soon realize that $10.00 charge to have it shipped right to your door isn't really that bad.
THIS^^^

On another note:
I ordered some stuff for Christmas from some place else. $25 gets me free shipping, otherwise it was going to be $7.50 shipping.
I needed $1.57 to reach $25 so I bought a $1.89 item I could use but didn't really need. Anyway, the little, and I do mean little $1.89 item that would fit in an envelope gets shipped separately in a 16" cube box, the other items fit in a much smaller box.
So, by me getting free shipping they actually shipped two separate orders, shipped two separate days which required UPS to deliver two times, which had to cost the supplier more money.
Just playing their game.

Old 01-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy381 View Post
I said there shipping price was ridicules for a few screws. Appropriate shipping cost is good business and I won't pay out of principle. I think you a JERK OFF and you PISS ME OFF!

Have a nice day
how about you look at it this way....you only bought $5.00 worth of screws when in the back of the catalog directly above where the shipping charges are posted it says " MINIMUM ORDER $10.00" think of it as they took $5.00 from the shipping charge to make up the difference from your "Non Minimum" order and they only charged you $5.00 for shipping?

I have been called worse and I tend to do that.

Have a Happy New Year

Old 01-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know shipping costs but their shipping is unreasonable at times pure and simple

Old 01-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Senior Chief

Plain and simple. Other Vendors out there. Go to them. I have been doing that past couple years because of this reason.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomslemans67 View Post
Plain and simple. Other Vendors out there. Go to them. I have been doing that past couple years because of this reason.
You just proved my point. If other vendors can go to them AND offer free shipping on orders over 99 dollars then who you gonna buy from? I buy a tremendous amount from Ames and will continue to do so but the added large item charge for the front to rear brake line of 34.00 for example is ridiculous. I got the whole set from inline tube and paid like 10 in shipping

Old 01-02-2018, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

And sometimes you can't fix stupid.

The below picture is taken directly from the Ames catalog.

Ames is only covering what USPS, UPS and Fedex charge when using dimensional weight. If you recently paid $34.00, then you ripped Ames off. Who do you think Inline Tube is ripping off? I can tell you UPS and Fedex don't miss things like this.

If you ordered over the phone and were not told of the oversize charge, you have a point to question them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-001S.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	471447  

Old 01-02-2018, 01:01 AM
Senior Chief

Sometimes I wonder if it's their location that has something to do with it also for sending items in receiving it seems to take a while compared to a lot of other companies they are strategically placed for prompt shipping purposes