Old 03-27-2003, 11:58 AM

My 68 goat is ready for paint. The original color was verdoro green but I want it to be red and I like the color I found on a (sorry ) PT Cruiser. It is a red pearlescent. If I use that color 1. Will the car reject the paint like a heart transplant patient with a bad match? 2. Will a color other than original detract from the value of the car? Will the other GTO owners bury me up to my head in the sand and throw rocks? Also I need trim for the rocker panels, wheel wells and I need the front fender GTO emblems. Any help?

Old Goat
Old 03-27-2003, 11:58 AM

My 68 goat is ready for paint. The original color was verdoro green but I want it to be red and I like the color I found on a (sorry ) PT Cruiser. It is a red pearlescent. If I use that color 1. Will the car reject the paint like a heart transplant patient with a bad match? 2. Will a color other than original detract from the value of the car? Will the other GTO owners bury me up to my head in the sand and throw rocks? Also I need trim for the rocker panels, wheel wells and I need the front fender GTO emblems. Any help?

Old Goat
Old 03-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Senior Chief

It`s your car.I say paint however you want as long as you like it who cares what anyone else thinks.Your the one that`s going to be looking at it everyday.I don`t really care for verdoro green either.My car was mayfair maize which is a very pale yellow.I didn`t like it so I went with goldenrod yellow from a 69 gto.I would buy the front fender emblems new.PY and Ames have them for around 50.00 for the pair.You can buy the rocker panel moulding and wheelwell mouldings new or you can find them on ebay.I think there are there right now.

www.cardomain.com/id/gto_guy

Old 03-27-2003, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the reply. I went to the local Pontiac dealer for emblems and he said $35.00 each! I will check on ebay for the moulding.

Ed

Old Goat
Old 03-28-2003, 12:58 PM

Here are the '68 stock colors FYI.'68 Pontiac Colors

Old 03-28-2003, 04:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I belong to the SCGG GTO club and we have many members with no-stock colors. Just do what you want. The only reason to paint it stock is if your desire is to have it 100% origonal. I painted my first 68 a Mercury graphic red and my second triple black.

TigerEFI.com (Classic Pontiac Fuel Injection) Jax.GTO@gte.net
Motto: Build it for NASA and drive it like you stole it!

TigerEFI.com (Classic Pontiac Fuel Injection)
2004 GTO Company car, 1994 TA 25th Anv, 1971 Grand Safari Wagon, 1968 GTO EFI, 1968 GTO Stock, 1968 GTO Convertible in desperate need of restoration.

Old 03-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I painted my 72 the first time 94 GM red or something like that. No one ever said anything so no big deal. Do what you like though!

1968 GTO-455, Muncie M-21, Limited Slip, Black interior, Gathering parts!

1972 LeMans Sport-455, Ram Air IV Cam, 6X Heads, Headers, Flowmaster 40 series, Performer Intake, Q-Jet, Th400, 3.55's. Cardinal Red

Heart Of Illinois GTO's Member

Heart Of Illinois GTO club member

"This aint no damn Chevelle"

Old 03-29-2003, 11:19 PM

thanks for the posts. I guess I will go ahead with the pt cruiser red.

Ed

Old Goat
Old 04-05-2003, 07:12 AM

Hey bro, it's YOUR car, if someone has a problem with the color, tell them to restore a goat and paint it the way they like.

Mine was originally the harvest gold
I opted for a dandelion yellow,

Turn lots of heads!!!, Only thing is everyone calls me Nash bridges now