Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Senior Chief

Default Why can't I get a print PY catalog?

I've made 2 separate online requests, weeks apart, to have a print catalog mailed to me. I'm at a point in my project where I need to start ordering a fair amount of stuff, but I cannot seem to get a catalog sent my way. I've received the old catalog in the past (with an inexcusably long delay even back then, as I recall), so what gives?

Yes, I know you can browse the catalog online or download it, but both of these methods extremely slow, frustrating and time-consuming - it's impossible to just flip to a page to look something up, and then flip to another page. Portions of the download file won't even come up on my computer.

Can I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a print PY catalog sent to me? Now that I'm (finally) getting to the REAL money-spending part of my project, I'd really like to patronize PY exclusively for my parts, since I truly appreciate these forums as such an awesome resource.

Thanks!

Chris

We are building a bad-ass, hot-looking, hot-running Pontiac street machine.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 PM

Get in touch with Steve (dm_fan) the site administrator.

He can get you on the mailing list, it seems the online catalog requests won't go through for some reason.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Senior Chief

OK, I sent him a PM with a link to this thread. We'll see what happens. :) Thanks!

Chris

Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Administrator

online requests for catalogs can take anywhere from 1 week to 5 weeks depending on the timing. We bulk mail catalogs and you need a minimum amount to bulk mail. Any time someone is in a hurry for a catalog, it is best to call in and specify your urgency. We'll send it 1st class mail immediately if requested.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Senior Chief

OK... I don't know how long it's been since my first request, maybe 4 weeks or so? I'll wait a while longer...

I don't need to order anything super-urgently, but pretty darn soon... I'd like to start going through now and making a laundry list so I can prioritize my $$$. Takes absolutely FOREVER to do this with the online catalog. :)

Thanks for the reply...

Chris

Old 10-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crkoester
OK... I don't know how long it's been since my first request, maybe 4 weeks or so? I'll wait a while longer...
Chris
That's about correct. 4 weeks ago was probably a day or two after our last batch. You couldn't have hit worse timing. I just pushed to get the new batch going this week. Hopefully everyone that requested one will get theirs by late next week.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It has been about 4 weeks since my 2ND request. Maybe I'll get lucky...

Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Senior Chief

Just got a PM reply from Steve (dm_fan), he said they are sending out another batch of print catalogs on Wednesday. I look forward to getting mine!

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Chris

Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Senior Chief

I made a request when they first became available and still haven't recieved one yet,and I passed on getting one at Norwalk so I didnt get one that someone else could have.
Craig

Old 10-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigGT37
I made a request when they first became available and still haven't recieved one yet,and I passed on getting one at Norwalk so I didnt get one that someone else could have.
Craig
Now you know to never turn down a catalog at a show. :)

Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigGT37
Craig
Craig

PM me your full address ASAP and I'll make sure that you are on the batch that is leaving tomorrow (wednesday).

Steve

Old 12-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass
online requests for catalogs can take anywhere from 1 week to 5 weeks depending on the timing. We bulk mail catalogs and you need a minimum amount to bulk mail. Any time someone is in a hurry for a catalog, it is best to call in and specify your urgency. We'll send it 1st class mail immediately if requested.

This is without a doubt the best Pontiac web site on the web. I do think that it is because the members here are the most knowledgeable and helpful.

Now back to the issue. I ordered a catalog when I saw this thread, so around 10 weeks ago. I'm still checking my mail box daily for it. Like I said I love the forum but it looks like Ames wants my business more than PY. It's hard for me to understand that this could be that hard. There are many Pontiac suppliers out there, they all pretty much carry the same parts, so it really comes down to service as much as price. But its your business. I don't think that I am the only one still waiting.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Norwood, It's pretty hard to help when we don't know who you are and what kind of Pontiac you own. We don't make it a practice of making people wait 10 weeks for catalogs. Obviously some circumstance has prevented you from getting yours. As mentioned above, if you fill out an online form, you will get a catalog in 2-5 weeks max. If you call and say you need one right away, you get it in a few days. What is your real name, zip code and Pontiac model?

Old 12-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, I have filled out the online catalog request again. Lets see what happens. Everyone please have a safe and happy New Year.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:39 PM

I drive over and pick mine up, Craig if you'd like I can go get you one and send it to you, let me know. ;)

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 12-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks MA, But let's see what happens, I think that one should arriving at my house soon.

Do you guys think that my post was out of line?

Old 12-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Hi Norwood
I just checked our catalog list and there is an address in Bartlett, IL, which I assume is you. So you are definitely on the firebird list for our next mailing.

Steve

Old 12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank You

Old 12-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Is that the new updated Firebird catalog? Thanks

Old 12-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood
Do you guys think that my post was out of line?
absolutely not. Maybe you misinterpreted my reply. With your real name and zip code we could confirm that a catalog may already be on the way or at least scheduled to be sent. With your car type, we can confirm we have a catalog to send you. For instance, we don't have a full size catalog to send. There's a note explaining that, but some people don't read it and wait for a fullsize catalog to show up that never will. ;) Other times, we may be in between catalogs therefore causing a delay. So these two pieces of information, allow us to give you a better idea of why you don't have your catalog.