Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:23 PM

Default Performance Years buyer beware

Not that I don't appreciate the board, but if you are thinking of ordering something from the sponsor, PY, you might want to hear about my experience:

http://www.arkansaspontiacs.org/apaf...hp?f=11&t=2588

Old 10-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Doesn't sound good. I've ordered from PY through the years with no problems. My advice is to hold your temper and work with them to resolve the problem. Returning items is a PITA regardless of the reason.

I hope you can work this out with them. There are very few posts complaining about our host.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 10-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i've got 15x7 rally II trim rings and they did fit. did you measure them? how did they not fit? wrong part number? i'm sure you'll get a reasonable resolution. i'm sure py didn't go into business a long time ago just to piss you off today.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Another long time PY customer. I have to say they have never done me wrong and I am sure over the last 10 years I have return at least one part without issue.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The true mettle of a company is how they respond when something goes wrong.

I had the same issue with the Tire Rack. I had a very bad experience with them, and got no satisfaction.

Got raked oved the coals when I posted my experience.

If PY is a good company, they will make it right.

If not, then "Caveat Emptor".

Old 10-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I see you have only 8 posts on this board. Not to be disrespectful to you, but the owner of PY visits and posts on this board often. All you would have need to have done to get this matter settled was to send him (Ccass) a PM. That would have been the proper procedure BEFORE making the post that you did. I'm sure that he will see your post and everything will be straightened out.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

PY has always treated me right....Contact Ccass and give him a chance tosolve the problem. Eric

Old 10-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So, the post low count means something?

Like what?

A facts based post is just as relevant at # 8 as it is at #1,000.

Re-read my post above.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I'm sure that Chris Casperson is at Carlisle this weekend (and most of last week).

Either send him a PM from this board, to "Ccass" or call him next week. (remember he'll just be getting back from a week away).

I've never had a problem with PY that couldn't be worked out, they are very much a stand up company.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprdave4264 View Post
Not that I don't appreciate the board, but if you are thinking of ordering something from the sponsor, PY, you might want to hear about my experience:

Dave, Sorry you had a bad experience but I'll find out what happened on Monday and post here later on Monday.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The true mettle of THIS Company is demonstrated by their willingness to allow customers to post complaints alongside compliments.

I doubt I have ever seen such an open display by any other Company I have dealt with.

This WILL be sorted out... I'm sure of it

Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have ordered from py a few times and its been great, I really appreciate the ability to contact the owner of the company if the need be.Its the same reason I buy from local speed shops,they appreciate your buisness and will make matters right to keep you coming back.Im sure it will be resolved.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Like I stated earlier, a great company will make things right with the customer.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Senior Chief

I have had to special order different things from PY from time to time and I have no problems what so ever.They are great people and I enjoy doing buisness with them.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by My442 View Post
So, the post low count means something?

Like what?

A facts based post is just as relevant at # 8 as it is at #1,000.

Re-read my post above.
Jerry wasn't questioning the relavance of his complaint based on low post count.
He was informing a somewhat inexperienced poster that the owner of PY is a regular here and easy to contact.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:21 PM

Default 'relavance'?

Dear Jerry and Greg:
I apologize for offending your sensibilities for not using the 'proper procedure.' After rechecking the catalog, I have to inform you that nowhere does it say 'go online and PM the owner.' Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that they provide the opportunity to share feedback (no matter the resolution of my situation), but I don't think that your posts were relevant - I did attempt to resolve the issue privately before posting.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is odd. I have been dealing with Pontiac vendors since the early 80's and PY has been the best overall. I have had a few problems over the years with each of them, but ALL of the PY issues were pleasantly resolved while two competitors were nasty and rude to me.

Sounds like a statistical error, or perhaps someone on the left doesn't know what someone on the right is doing as I don't believe for a minute that PY is purposely trying to pull one over on you.

Good luck, and remember to post the good news when it gets resolved...

Old 10-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've ordered lots of stuff many years, like most of the guys.

Yes I got parts that weren't right or just not what I expected. But not very often.

WIth any business there was a restocking fee or me paying return shipping just like most other mail order companies. (With SUmmit I had to return truck step bars to get the warranty replacements, cost me about the same to just buy a new set!)

PY certainly doesn't have the volume of SUmmit or Jegs, nor do pretty much ANY of the POntiac specific suppliers. SO I woudl expect to pay somehow to make it right, simply put I dont' think they could absorb all the cost and continue on.

BUt like most family run small business reputation is everything. Just one thread on a website will make the inexperienced buyer think ..."Hmmm, maybe not..." Balance this against all the happy customers that got quality parts that met expectation.

PY does take their rep seriously. THough you may never buy from them again, if you approach them in a resonable fashion they will work reasonably with you.

(BTW I have no interest in PY other than buying their parts, and frankly I rarely endorse or negatively criticize any suppliers. That being said I think if you approach them from "square one" you will find some resolution.)

Old 10-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I am new to the whole pontiac world and this is my first pontiac I ever owned, but not my last. I was told by friends to use py and the forum to get advice and help from people that have been dealing with pontiacs some or all their lives. I have to say that everyone on here are a great bunch of people to reach out to and py I have ordered from them plenty of times. No problems! I am very happy with everything they do and their service. Im pretty sure if things were not right py will fix them!

Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprdave4264 View Post

Dave, I'm still not exactly sure what happened here. It would take me a while to find taped phone conversations on various dates since this goes all the way back to June. I did find a couple of very light scratches on each of the trim rings. The mfg packaging on those trim rings is a little scimpy, if you don't put the packaging back exactly how it was, they can easily scratch. Also, the box can only take so many times through UPS and the box looked pretty beat. I suspect that the box compressed and caused each of the trim rings to scratch each other. When you return a part to a supplier, you become the shipper and it is the customers responsibility to make sure the packaging is adequate. That being said, we should have and will give you a refund for the trim rings minus a 15% restocking charge but I don't feel we should credit any shipping costs because the trim rings fit as advertised. I think that you got some bad advice from Blocker Performance. Here is one of your trim rings on a 15 x 7" rally II wheel. They fit really well.

Last edited by Ccass; 10-05-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Closed Thread