Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It worked for me. I wanted to order a couple things (water pump dividers, and a fuel filter)

Took about 3 min to set up the online account, and maybe 2 to order the parts via search.
I got the following emails:
Confirming an online order was placed.
An account confirmation on my online account.
A confirmation of what I had ordered.
An invoice of the order once the shipping was computed and my card was charged.
UPS Quantum View of tracking information.

I liked the every step communication. All in all it worked quite well for me.

65 Catalina Safari 4DSW
Old 11-06-2014, 06:01 PM

Worst website ever! I have spent a lot of money lately and I make sure I stay away from this. I have ordered over the phone but prefer a website. NPD, year one and even Ames are way more user friendly, I just don't understand how a great company like PY can have such a outdated site.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have been following this thread so I decided to enter an order for several items that people have been complaining about. My take is that ordering couldn't be easier as I had no difficulty finding these items and placing in my cart.

This thread began with a complaint that someone couldn't find rally wheel caps. I made the BIG assumption that they were in the Wheels category. Sure enough, there they were.

Also, there are some items that PY doesn't sell that other companies may. So saying that you couldn't find x part may mean that it is just not available here.

I order 99% of my parts on line, usually nights and weekends, so calling an order in isn't convenient for me. PY's site is just as "order friendly" as any of them.

Keep up the good work PY!