Old 09-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 67 gto alternator mounting

yes im finishing up my install on my engine and come to the part where i mounting the altanator,i switch the car from power steering to standard steering.the water pump pulley has 2 grove pulley,the crank pulley has 2 grove,the alt just has 1 grove and it wont line up with the other 2 pulleys is there a different pulley i need or shorter water pump,anybody have any idea,ive looked threw all my books and manuals and havent found anything

Old 09-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know but I'm guessing either you need different pulleys or different alternator mounting brackets.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

well the mounting bracket is the correct one the part number is the in the gto resto book as the one i need,as far as the pulleys when the engine was rebuilt i converted it over to the later model water pump set up due to needing a new timing chain cover so i got a kit and it had the timing chain cover,divider plates,water pump for the 69-on design,ive been looking in books all weekend to fig something out

Old 09-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is the alternator bracket correct for the 67 or 69 set-up? I would think all the brackets and pulleys should be for the 67 or 69. I don't know if the 67 bracket is different from the 69. Hopefully, someone smarter will chime in.

I just looked at the online catalog and they have a mounting bracket for all years without power steering. The part number is PYE11. You might want to call tech support tomorrow. They may be able to help you more than I can.