Old 08-16-2017, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Juliano, sorry to say, but PHS had no idea how to decode a '64 Balt or KC Passenger Car Shipping Order when they sent you the document.

For years they provided nonsensical decodes to everybody with a '64 Balt or KC build.

They try to decode them using Pontiac Sales Codes which is how you would decode a '64 Pontiac Plant Manifest.

But it does not work with the Chevy Form that was used for Balt & KC builds in '64.

Perfect example, because you have a 5 in Box 45, PHS says you have the PMD Sales Code 451 (Remote Control Decklid) and PMD Sales Code 454 (Tilt Steering Wheel).

That is totally bogus.

I can assure you, the 5 in Box 45 on your Balt record decodes as the 2 spd wiper option (PMD Sales Code 402) just as I stated.

Your car was NOT originally equipped with a Tilt Steering Wheel or Remote Control Decklid.

In fact, Tilt Steering Wheel was NOT AVAILABLE with Standard Steering, it required the Power Steering option.

Your car was NOT equipped with Power Steering so the build order would not have been approved with Tilt Steering Wheel.

The Lemans came standard with the Deluxe Steering Wheel, it was NEVER coded as an option on any Lemans build. PHS claims you got that option because there is a 1 coded in Box 46. Bogus. The HD Air Cleaner was an option but was NOT coded in Box 43 with a 1 as PHS would have claimed. And your car did not get this option.

You should disregard ALL of the options that PHS claimed for your build. They are wrong.

I published a comprehensive article about the '64 Balt & KC decodes in the POCI Smoke Signals as a 3 part article in 2011 after extensive research and I continue to refine it to this day. It details how to decode these docs properly.

I strongly recommend that you copy the decode I provided and keep it with your document and throw out the decode that PHS provided.