Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 03-03-2003, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why these Dynomax ST Mufflers were such a different price at Jeg's.

289-17734 2-1/2'' Offset; 2-1/2'' Offset; 4-1/4'' x 9-3/4'' x 14''L $34.99
289-17676 2-1/2'' Offset; 2-1/2'' Offset; 4-1/2'' x 9-3/4'' x 14''L $49.99

It's because the later is same side outlet, according to Summit but not noted on Jeg's, man I wonder if anyone has ordered these and been like what the H&%$ when they opened the box!

Score:
Summit - 2 (other point is for Esterle), Jeg's - 0

"The Humbler is here, this is the way it's going to be baby!"

Old 03-03-2003, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why these Dynomax ST Mufflers were such a different price at Jeg's.

289-17734 2-1/2'' Offset; 2-1/2'' Offset; 4-1/4'' x 9-3/4'' x 14''L $34.99
289-17676 2-1/2'' Offset; 2-1/2'' Offset; 4-1/2'' x 9-3/4'' x 14''L $49.99

It's because the later is same side outlet, according to Summit but not noted on Jeg's, man I wonder if anyone has ordered these and been like what the H&%$ when they opened the box!

Score:
Summit - 2 (other point is for Esterle), Jeg's - 0

"The Humbler is here, this is the way it's going to be baby!"

Old 03-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I always compare pricing etc., between Summit and Jegs. I've never bought anything from JEGS.

http://kurtspontiac.homestead.com/DavidJones69GTO.html

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i have bought stuff from both places and jegs takes a while to ship, summit is faster. some stuff on jegs is cheaper, but i try to go through summit

There are only so many green M&M's a man can eat before he wants a blue M&M !!!!(by 72lemans)

Old 03-03-2003, 11:33 AM
Senior Chief

Humbler
I've bought 99% of my "speed equipment" from summit for one basic reason....Scott Estelle(sp)and his awesome customer service!!! I've received everything I've ordered within days and he was even willing to go the extra mile on a set of tires I ordered if they didn't fit. That was BIG! Summit seems to have better prices but if ya want great service contact Scott at Summit!!

Old 03-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

used to buy from jeg till they started running prostock . I don't want to hurt WJ's chances by supporting a top car. But summit is ok cause the plowboy (Mark) is far from a top car.

Old 03-03-2003, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Summit. Great service, fast delivery, good advice, and a very resonable sevice charge. Did I mention free shipping to the border? Now how about a deal on some Weld Draglites

Old 03-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't forget we will match or beat Jegs price on any advertised part they sell & we sell. As always we appreciate the business. Thanks Scott

Old 03-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott, can you take orders on the phone and are you available for tech help ?

'Damn right it's a street car'

Sponsor of the world's fastest Pontiac powered Ford Fairmont (engine)
5.14 at 140 mph (1/8 mile) , true 10.5 tire, stock type suspension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoJnIP3HgE
Old 03-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve, You can call anytime. Same goes for anyone else. If i can help i will. Sales isn't my main job but if i can help & if i have the time i will.

Old 03-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was a Jegs customer for awhile, until I met Scott. I'm a convert to Summit and plan on staying with them. Questions, Scott can answer them and what is really nice, so can other people on the sales desk.

Scott and Summit is my performance team!!

Ron

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 03-03-2003, 07:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Summit vs Jeg's?...no comparison. My last purchase was a trans-brake. I called Scott, and unfortunately Summit didnt carry the brand I was looking for. So, I "had" to go through Jeg's. I got my order (they ALWAYS take longer to ship) and was overcharged by a couple of bucks. No biggee, but I did call their Customer Service. I think her comment was...."oh". I thought I'd get a credit toward a next purchase. Nothing. Not even a "sorry". Well their will be no next purchase at Jeg's. Scott, Im calling you tomorrow...I need a Aluminum deep trans pan!

Old 03-03-2003, 09:24 PM
Senior Chief

I have purchased many parts in my years. However, I now only order from Summit! Not to say I am cheap, but it's always nice when they remember you with a 10% discount or a free jacket or some token of their appreciation!

Old 03-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I hope Scott is reading this cause I need a free catalogue fast.

Old 03-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

We made the trip up to Summit a couple of weeks ago for the Grand Opening of their new building. It is pretty awesum. Just kicks Jegs butt. Also got 10% off our order. Dont get much better than that.

Old 03-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

I have bought stuff from Summit and Jegs.Never had any problems with either one but Jegs does seem to have slower shipping.Anything Ive ordered from Summit will be here in 2 or 3 days....Jegs 3 to 5 days.
Colin

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-04-2003, 04:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I don't want to sound bias but i also have ordered from Jegs a time or two & they are one day shipping from me & it usually takes 2 days to get to me. I always order before 4pm Eastern time. They do have a few things we don't sell like the Trans Brake Guy wanted. Its like going to Lowes & then having to go to Home Depot because they don't sell what you need.

Old 03-04-2003, 04:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have purchased many parts in my years. However, I now only order from Summit! Not to say I am cheap, but it's always nice when they remember you with a 10% discount or a free jacket or some token of their appreciation!

Jim, That's another thing has anyone ever been offered a discount by Jegs. They seem to always do what we do or we do what they do but i haven't ever heard of them offering any type of discount. Jim i'm glad you remember the little things we do. We really do have a good owner who wants the prices to stay low for you the customer. Thanks again. Scott

Old 03-04-2003, 06:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Did I hear free jacket??? I cant even get a free T shirt from that other guy and I dont mean Jegs.

Old 03-04-2003, 06:38 AM

Don't forget, Jegs barely lists anything for Pontiacs in there. Mostly Chevy and Ford. I know they have bigger markets but at least Summit has stuff listed. Plus if you call they may have it anyway(if it's not listed) Plus they have Scott lol

Nothing is real if you don't believe in yourself-Rocky Balboa

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts