Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wouldn't use anybody BUT Inline Tube. Always get treated right if I need to go back which has only been once. Bought a fuel tank for a 74 T/A. When I got it home and out of the box it had a large dent in the bottom. Called them up and they ordered me a new one on the spot. When it came in I went and made the exchange without any hassles whatsoever.

These guys have done more for the hobby than most and continue to add new parts that are impossible or hard to find to their catalog.

HUGE thumbs up to Inline Tube.

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 03-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Suspended

Out of the dozens and dozens of companies Ive dealt with Inline Tube has to be the worst.

Piss poor customer service, parts that didnt fit, know it all attitudes, etc.

What other business has this many bad experiences by customers.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=489956

Old 03-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Right Stuff rules! No answering machines, excellent parts. Everytime you call a real person answers the phone and you press 1,1 2 then a three. I'd give them my business just for that.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default finally gave up

After only checking the fit of 3 pieces out of the 9 piece kit, and all 3 did not fit, I have given up. Someone finally talked to me when I called for a return #. They didn't have any answers for my questions and nothing fits. Sending it back.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well maybe they treat their friends and acquaintances differently..

Know it all attitude when I tried their parts 5-6 years ago...and 3 of the same 9 (probably) didn't fit and were OBVIOUSLY the wrong parts... Didn't even have the right "Color Coded" plugs that he said 'Should make it easy even for you" to install..
Wanted ME to pay shipping back..And said I'd end up with the same part anyhow..

Talked to me like he was leaning on his "cool" car at car show, and wanted to make sure I knew how smart he was, instead of like a man that just took $250.00 of mine and gave me something I didnt ask for... Heck I drew a diagram, took photos and posted all that up on the 'net for him to look at.. Ignored it..

It would have been easy to bite his lip and say I'll take care of you (since he had my money)..

Didnt happen.

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372
Old 03-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Senior Chief

:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidguy
Well maybe they treat their friends and acquaintances differently..

Know it all attitude when I tried their parts 5-6 years ago...and 3 of the same 9 (probably) didn't fit and were OBVIOUSLY the wrong parts... Didn't even have the right "Color Coded" plugs that he said 'Should make it easy even for you" to install..
Wanted ME to pay shipping back..And said I'd end up with the same part anyhow..

Talked to me like he was leaning on his "cool" car at car show, and wanted to make sure I knew how smart he was, instead of like a man that just took $250.00 of mine and gave me something I didnt ask for... Heck I drew a diagram, took photos and posted all that up on the 'net for him to look at.. Ignored it..

It would have been easy to bite his lip and say I'll take care of you (since he had my money)..

Didnt happen.

Oh yeah and look at some the parts they sell on Ebay under the name Motor City Muscle Car. They call these parts NOS but don't look like the NOS parts I have. If his cool car is made with some of this junk, he can't be that smart!!!:D

Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have used fine lines in the past. the parts fit, they sent me rubber front brake lines when I asked for braided. I called, talked to a real person they sent the braided lines, & told me to keep the rubber ones. I ordered at Carlisle, got 10% off & free shipping.....Dave K.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

mrrat1, i had a recommendation from another forum member to try canada line (sister company of fineline). i spoke with marcel, very nice guy, and he got me going the right direction and even sent me to fineline for my order (to save me shipping)! guys at fineline were very knowledgable and curtious. we'll see how the lines look when we get them. thks tim

Old 03-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

They have some good parts however I just bought some parts from them on ebay under the name Motor City Muscle. What they showed in the pictures and described were very misleading (showed alternator bracket & bolts). I e-mailed them about it and he sent an e-mail to my personal e-mail vs. through ebay and bascially told me to read the description better, that I don't get something for nothing, and not be so bid happy (I bid twice for what I thought was an alternator bracket and bolts...however I bought bolts and a spacer for $26.). I take condescending comments personal and since there are too many good vendors out their I will never buy from them again based on how they handled it. They did offer me to send it back for a refund which is fair however I'll eat the cost due to the fact I'm P.O. in the "righteous" comments he sent. Order a bracket today from one of the many suppliers out their. I left neutral feedback for him and he left negative for me.....another blow to the customer!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Manual alt bolt kit for sale by motorcitymusclecar

Seller - Motor City Muscle Car feedback 3620
babs-at-home feedback 77

The (Please view it) ad is for the bolt kit and it is clearly stated as a 3 pc set part of the bracket is shown so you know that you are buying the right part. You could have manual or power steering. I even go so far as to picture the page out of the manual so you know the correct installation. The auction for the bolt kit started at 16.00 and 4 for shipping and no where can you get just the hardware you have to buy the bracket and the hardware and it is in catalogs for $45 to $60 and $4.00 shipping is unheard of, it usually starts at $6-8.00 You can also buy it now in my store for the start price and it ships the next day. Most people have the bracket and are missing the special spacer and long bolt.

190207203623 68 69 70 71 72 GTO Judge Lemans Firebird Man Alt Bolt

72 Pontiac, GTO, Judge, Lemans, Tempest, Firebird Manual Steering alternator bracket bolt kit and spacer. 3 pc.
This is the hardware that holds the alternator to the engine on cars with manual steering. This kit has the correct length bolt and spacer. This is factory correct hardware with the correct Silver Zinc Plating. If you are building a show car this is a great detail item that is always missing and not available anywhere but here. These little pieces are what separate a first place car from the rest. Please view my other exclusive items.

Brad wrote:

”I just recieved a nut, bolt, and spacer for the alternator mounting however there is no alternator bracket in the package. If this purchase did not come with a bracket I will be very upset in the fact of what I paid for this. Your description and picture show a bracket which would be VERY misleading if the purchase does not come with the bracket. Please rectify. “

Motor city muscle wrote:

No Bracket, Just the hardware as stated in the auction. The bracket is not pictured in full and would not sell for such a low price. Just pictured so you know what bracket the hardware is used with. If you do not want it send it back un-used for a refund - and next time read the auction and quit getting caught up in the bidding it started at $12.00 the bracket and the hardware would sell for over $50.00 if that was the auction.

More Facts: Everything I stated is the truth, nobody forced you to hit the bid button and you hit it more than once and had to fight over it and pay more than it sells for in my ebay store, You could have bought it in the store for the starting price.

Brad purchased several other items from me, 6 other items over the last few months, all items that are not available anywhere else. Please tell us all where you got the bracket, hardware and instructions for $16.00 and $4.00 shipping.

I told you if you did not like it you could return it – no questions instead you left neutral feedback, I left negative because a buyer who doesn’t read the description and then won’t return the product IS difficult – lets just work it out. Still have not got the item back so I guess you did not really want to resolve it just wanted to tell half the story.

I sent the email to the address shown because I can track and see my emails more effectively this way. I don’t see an issue there. I just hit reply to the email address that came thru via ebay.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tripower1964

they are great a selling stuff, but have zero customer support. 3 phone calls and 2 emails over 5 days, still no response!

I am right here how can I help! We have 5 sales guys

Manager – Marc, Sales Dustin, Sales Camron, Sales James, Sales Larry 586 532 1338 that is 5 guys willing to help. The emails are answered every day throught Sales@inlineTube.com Sometimes it takes 24 hours.

3 phone calls – we have 5 lines one for each sales guy and more rollover lines for additional calls. It can get pretty busy on Monday and Tuesday but still no problem answering the phone. We take 3000 calls a month and ship 100 orders a day while it does get busy in a day there will always a response to e-mail and a the phones are answered by real people not a machine – So I do not know why you could not get through – give us a call or visit www.inlinetube.com

Old 04-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tripower1964
There is no brake line kit that is 9 pieces for a 1964 or any GTO. Most kits have the master cylinder line, Right &left front, front to rear and 2 axle lines. That would be a 6 piece kit or 7 if you had a 67 and 8 if you had a 67 with disc brakes – never 9 - Please give me more details.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

PMD classics

You have been bashing them for years, Inline tube makes: brake & fuel lines, parking brake cables, prop valves, brake and fuel clips, rubber and stainless hoses, sending units, suspension products and much more, no other line company even comes close. Right stuff just lines – they buy all the cables and valves from inline tube and re-sell them. Fine lines - just lines they buy all the valves from inline tube. The Canada Company buys lines, cables, valves and most other inline tube products. Ames Buys from Inline Tube – Performance years, buys from inline tube, year one – buys from inline tube, Origianls parts group – buys from inline tube – the paddock – buys from inline tube. They supply 150 dealer and sip 14,000 of there own customer orders each year –this is because they are the best out there. If they were not none of these people would buy from them.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Another one of the biggest hate fans of inline tube – you are a 442 guy that just goes on this site and posts under anything inline tube. Thunder kiss bought a brake and fuel line kit 4 or 5 years ago and picked the part numbers gave them to the sales guy and placed and order. 24 hours later the order was picked up and 2 years later he said he ordered the wrong size fuel line 5/16 and wanted to exchange it for a 3/8. Inline tube told him to bring it in. When he came in the line was installed and not in resalable condition so they in good faith they could not send the line out as new to another customer (how would you like to be the guy that got the used part) we told him we could sell him a new line at a discount and he could sell the other on ebay since it was used.

I just saw him for the first time at autorama 08 and since his bashing never stops it was good to put a face to the name and I asked him how can we resolve this – I would of given him the $65.00 just for the nonsense to stop. To my surprise he even refused that and told me he does not have to like me and will continue the campaign. We even invited him to our local club meeting – he never showed. I will see him at olds events for the rest of my life I still hope he will come around. Good job on the 2nd place at the autorama.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Last post for SUPERKISS65

Superdutybob

And all the other great customers thanks for the support and the good words, see you at all the shows again this year- we are now in our 15 year and filled over 170,000 orders and another guy summed it up – you can’t make everyone happy all the time

Old 04-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Since I do not spend as much time as others on the computer and can't check the posts every day If you have an issue, lets resolve it.Give us a call 586 532 1338. we can both post the results right here

Old 04-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

PMD classics

You have been bashing them for years, Inline tube makes: brake & fuel lines, parking brake cables, prop valves, brake and fuel clips, rubber and stainless hoses, sending units, suspension products and much more, no other line company even comes close. Right stuff just lines – they buy all the cables and valves from inline tube and re-sell them. Fine lines - just lines they buy all the valves from inline tube. The Canada Company buys lines, cables, valves and most other inline tube products. Ames Buys from Inline Tube – Performance years, buys from inline tube, year one – buys from inline tube, Origianls parts group – buys from inline tube – the paddock – buys from inline tube. They supply 150 dealer and sip 14,000 of there own customer orders each year –this is because they are the best out there. If they were not none of these people would buy from them.

Thunderkiss65

Another one of the biggest hate fans of inline tube – you are a 442 guy that just goes on this site and posts under anything inline tube. Thunder kiss bought a brake and fuel line kit 4 or 5 years ago and picked the part numbers gave them to the sales guy and placed and order. 24 hours later the order was picked up and 2 years later he said he ordered the wrong size fuel line 5/16 and wanted to exchange it for a 3/8. Inline tube told him to bring it in. When he came in the line was installed and not in resalable condition so they in good faith they could not send the line out as new to another customer (how would you like to be the guy that got the used part) we told him we could sell him a new line at a discount and he could sell the other on ebay since it was used.

I just saw him for the first time at autorama 08 and since his bashing never stops it was good to put a face to the name and I asked him how can we resolve this – I would of given him the $65.00 just for the nonsense to stop. To my surprise he even refused that and told me he does not have to like me and will continue the campaign. We even invited him to our local club meeting – he never showed. I will see him at olds events for the rest of my life I still hope he will come around. Good job on the 2nd place at the autorama.
same guys over and over again

Old 04-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

RAM AIR IV JACK

You are a big fan I see you get involved in anything with my name on it.

Lets start with the ram air block and bracket – all 69’s used the bracket with the cut out center and the smaller block, 70’s used the solid bracket that aligned the cable more inline. You are flat out wrong – The assembly manual and the service manual both show the hole in the center – look it up. I made it because I was tired of seeing the wrong repro bracket on so many nice cars that deserved better. I have sold a ton of them so plenty of others agree with me.

I still have some of the heat tubes but I am saving them for my cars. No Original heat tube was back paper. They may have been black metal or silver metal but always metal. Look at some original cars. I have 56,000 original 69 judge, 40,000 original 69 conv, 9,000 trans am and have seen the metal ones on countless original cars. What is the beef, if you don’t like it don’t buy it why bash me if you do not agree, we all have an opinion

The slotted nuts you talk about are correct – talk to the guy that has restored more of these RAM AIR cars than anyone Scott Tieman he is a good friend.

And finally I do have a Concourse Judge GTOAA awarded it best of concourse in Pontiac mi, and another GOLD in KY and last year it was the highest point car in the GTOAA show and it will be in NY this year. And won the Autorama Show car series 2 times which no other car has ever done – Don’t take my word for it ask the officials of the GTOAA. And view the car at www.inlinetube.com look it up on the ISCA web site.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

67 Lamnas
Yep.......they tried to blame me, too......for incorrect trans lines for a '70 GTO.....they were about 8-10" too long......it was like pulling teeth trying to get them to realize that they might have possibly made an error.....and I work in a dental office...........

I have signed up to answer all your questions – we have been making 70 GTO trans lines for over 15 years, maybe 800 pairs at this point. If you had something that was different from our pattern you could of sent a picture or the originals it in but then the excuses started. 69 to 71 is all the same lines you are telling me I have it wrong for all those cars and 15 years later you are the only one with a problem. I even have the same lines on 6 of my GTO’s. Since I own so many GTO’s and have all these parts on my car I still need the pictures to see the difference. My cars are pictured on the www.inlinetube.com with the lines installed under the article section. Or in the listings. This is all stated on the web site. Did you ever think that after 40 years maybe the car had the wrong radiator or trans in it. It must be the lines because that cost less than the correct radiator or trans. We stand behind every line we make got something different send it in and we will make it not a problem. I never got the box or saw the difference now only read about it hear.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ponchov8

He didn't question thet quality. He said it was the wrong part.
Also, it's not reasonable to expect a customer to have to get in contact with the owner of a company, period. That's what his employees are for.
Now, I've heard many good things about their parts and service prior to this, but the owner of the company that came here and claimed he sold his RA III Judge when in fact it didn't sell, acted like most small business owners you come across---arrogant and pissy when people didn't agree with him. It must not have been priced right if it didn't sell now was it? It didn't stop him from getting his nose out of joint over seeing others opinions. It wouldn't surprise me if his company was giving poor service based on his attitude displayed here.

I am hear to answer to you now – inline tube ships 500 orders a week and that is a lot of work I have 5 sales guys and never get on the phone. Last time I called any big supplier I did not get the owner on the phone – try to get the owner of year one, paddock, national parts depot on the phone – does not happen.

My judge was on EBAY a few years ago the reserve was 150,000.00 and the last bid was from a guy in FL that I see at the GTOAA nationals every year at 125,000.00 There was no buy it now. And no one new the reserve NO one until now. That guy has taken hundreds of photos of my car to duplicate it and has a lot more than 150 into it since he paid 36,000 for a car that needed a full restoration. Still a bargin at $150,000.00 but it has been a few years so now just like you guys I want more. My car has been judged more than most other cars out there – I take it personal just like you would if it was your blood sweet and tears.

Closed Thread