Old 05-25-2021, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Turbo recommendation

Presently I'm converting my race ported 72cc Eheads 470 engine from carburetor to the Holley 1250 super sniper. I have also studded the heads and mains/ 4 bolt billet caps.. I don't have it handy but the rings and pistons was selected for boost application. New pistons set the cr around 9:1 I'm looking at the turbo offerings. The shop mentioned something about using a wide carb hat to keep my stock 70 GTO hood
I expressed some concerns about my present cam(254/262@.050,.582 ) solid roller on a 110 LSA, 104 ICL But shop reassured that wasn't a issue. New combination is about 580hp, and looking to push to 7-800 . Looking for recommendations from like Pontiac setups.

Old 05-25-2021, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

at 8psi you will hit your goal. Cam is okay. a wider lsa would be better but I had run a tight lsa with no issues. A I have an S475 with a t6 flange and a 132 exhaust. spools real fast with plenty of power. That turbo is cheap too. Journal bearing is fine, roller bearing is way more $$