Old 10-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Boost Engineer

Stewart Water Pumps sent me a catalog of their Computer controlled brushless water pump system.

The "cool" thing about this system, (couldn't help it guys) is the fact that the "booster" water pump is a thru flow deal where you can leave it off when you are cruising down the road with your normal mechanical water pump and if you get into a slow traffic/parade deal like the woodward dream cruise you can turn on the pump and it will give you THREE HUNDRED PERCENT more
cooling at idle and right off idle.

Course you still need to reject the heat through a proper radiator and electric fan system but
for the guys who die from overheating on the cruise this might be a good deal.

By the way this is not an ad for the Stewart pump. I just think it is a great idea.

Tom V.

Could we have a two speed electric pump from
someone else like CSI or Meziere which would do the same thing? Food for thought.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Boost Engineer

Stewart Water Pumps sent me a catalog of their Computer controlled brushless water pump system.

The "cool" thing about this system, (couldn't help it guys) is the fact that the "booster" water pump is a thru flow deal where you can leave it off when you are cruising down the road with your normal mechanical water pump and if you get into a slow traffic/parade deal like the woodward dream cruise you can turn on the pump and it will give you THREE HUNDRED PERCENT more
cooling at idle and right off idle.

Course you still need to reject the heat through a proper radiator and electric fan system but
for the guys who die from overheating on the cruise this might be a good deal.

By the way this is not an ad for the Stewart pump. I just think it is a great idea.

Tom V.

Could we have a two speed electric pump from
someone else like CSI or Meziere which would do the same thing? Food for thought.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:57 AM

Tom,
Do they have a website with more info?

Old 10-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Boost Engineer

http://www.waterpumps.com/

This is the URL for the electric pump stuff:

http://www.stewartcomponents.net/Mer...Code=ElectPump

Old 10-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Stewart booster pump is a slick piece. It installs in the lower radiator hose and when it is off, water will flow thru it. When it is on it flows around 55 gph. I have one that is going on my GTO. These pumps are really small and only draw around 8 amps. Overall length is just under 6.5" and its about 4.5" diameter. There is a mount built into the pump body.