Old 09-17-2009, 08:53 AM

The Evans web site is not accesible again today. Do they make this pump for the older 8 bolt pattern pumps?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vev78 View Post
The Evans web site is not accesible again today. Do they make this pump for the older 8 bolt pattern pumps?
I saw on their site that Evans will rebuild your water pump to their specs, which is great if you want to keep your stock, possibly matching numbers pump. Also, the hub is thicker and looks stronger than others I have seen and they include a bleeder valve to let out trapped air.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:41 AM

My stock pump is long gone. I am just looking to get as much help with cooling as possible. It sounds like they make a nice pump based on all the info on this forum. It is worth a try for the price. Not really sure if anyone posted an answer on the evans coolant. Does this stuff cool better than water antifreeze combo?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vev78 View Post
My stock pump is long gone. I am just looking to get as much help with cooling as possible. It sounds like they make a nice pump based on all the info on this forum. It is worth a try for the price. Not really sure if anyone posted an answer on the evans coolant. Does this stuff cool better than water antifreeze combo?
Supposedly their coolant is superior to water based anti-freeze, but it's not compatible with water, so you have to remove all the water/anti-freeze from your entire system (engine included).

Also, I remember hearing something about it being flammable, but I am not sure.

I was thinking that it may be great for air-water intercoolers

Old 09-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You have to use their coolant when adding or you can use Sierra coolant - but that's it.