Old 08-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to *67firebird*
Default what to consider when ordering a custom wiring harness

I want to get a custom wiring harness for my 67 firebird, not sure who to order from. But my main concearn is what do i look for when ordeing one, i want to be able to use an aftermarket alternator 1 wire to have enough juice to run my fans and any other accessries i might add in the future, i also want to uPgrade my ignition system for a MSD DIST/ 6Al and be able to add a tach with no hassle.

is this something that can be done? anything i should consider uPgrading with the new harness so that i will have a better system? any sPecific tyPe of gauge i should ask for or do they know exactly what to do? thanks for any helP.

Oz

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind
Old 08-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Search for M&H wiring harnesses. I know they will set you up for internal regulation and HEI....probably MSD also.

George

Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

M&H is great. Good people to deal with. My car is a 69 bird and my wiring harness is for an internal regulator alternator. I have also installed a couple wiring harnesses made by Ron Francis Wire Works. They sell you a fuse block and bags of wiring for your application. You tell them what alternator and what AC compressor. They can send you the wiring that you need. The best part of this type is if you change something you don't need to cut the wiring. You just call them and they can send you the updated bag of wiring that you need. One other cool thing is the wiring is marked every 6 inches as to what it feeds and what circuit number it plugs into on the fuse block.
http://wire-works.com/