Old 04-28-2009, 11:39 AM

Default '69 GTO Wiring Assistance Needed!

I am in the process of changing out the old body and rear harnesses, replacing a hack job done previously. I have installed the M&H body harness which has one large connector under the steering column, but noticed there was a blackwire and white wire paired or banded together in the old body harness which was not in the new one. It went to a smaller plug in close proximity to the body connector (cannot trace it further). I stripped the old black/white paired wire out of the folded cardboard harness protector harness and could not find were it goes to in the rear of the car (no connector at the end). I have a '69 GTO convertible with power antenea (which does work automatically when you turn on the radio, you do not have to press the switch) could the black and white be for it. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Deno

Old 04-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink I'd say...

if it is not in the M&H harness...it shouldn't be there. I have always found them to be accurate. The antenna wire could be the culptit. Look at a '69 GM Service Manual....should contain the schematic for your car. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The paired (fused together) black & white wires are for the antenna for '69. Your aftermarket antenna gets its signal from the radio power instead of the manual switch.

I wonder if you specified it having the power antenna option, or they only make the one harness without it.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:07 AM

Thank you gentlemen,
Deno