Old 11-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default ProComp wiring harness

Bought my 66 GTO car came with ProComp 22 circuit wiring harness this is by far the worst product that I have ever in my 40 years of being a tech that I have ever tried to install. I should have pulled it back out and trashed it.Nothing on this harness crosses over to the factory harness connectors or color codes worse than that customer support was a joke I knew more than the guy on the other side of the phone 3 days to install.I had to make my own legend luckily I had a scavenged harness with a few connectors on it and have the time to figure it all out.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Suspended

Any reason you didn't pitch it & go with a new harness from some one like M&H wiring.??? Those are so much better & very easy to install as they are made just like the factory original.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
Any reason you didn't pitch it & go with a new harness from some one like M&H wiring.??? Those are so much better & very easy to install as they are made just like the factory original.
Hate to sound like a cheapskate but main reason is funds running out of money in the middle of my restoration I was badly injured and am now unable to work on top of that the business that my wife had for 27 years was pushed out of the space we rented and we didn't have he 80gs it would have taken to build out another salon so I'm doing the best I can to get this thing done. When my house is paid off I will be able to afford a new harness but for now this is all I can do. There was a guy on here parting out a 67 for a freind but he's not responding to my pm's had made arrangements to get some parts from him then he disappeared strange I see him still posting. Was hoping he had a harness I could pick up.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

where do you live might be able to help. not on here all the time I live in ocala fl

Old 11-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

contact me chpr1972@ hotmail.com

Old 11-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

contact me chpr1972@ hotmail.com tell me what you need