Old 09-21-2021, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Restored 1962 steering wheel

These are a work of art and you can also see it is tinted in the clear portion of the wheel. I had this done my Magnus in Sweden.
Not sure why it’s rotated now, I uploaded it right side up.
The wheel is so nice, now i'm going to have to have the horn ring replated and send the dash pad off to Just Dashes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AFAA4476-359A-4A09-9C0F-05F289B75541.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	573553  

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.

Last edited by webfoot; 09-21-2021 at 07:48 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webfoot For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That steering wheel looks just fantastic!!! You mentioned you were going to send your dash to "just Dash's" for restoration. If you wouldn't mind, could you share the quote they are going to charge to restore the pad?. I contacted them about 2 years ago about my 62 dash and they were so high, I had to go a different direction. Just curious if they were just blowing smoke because they didn't want to do it or were too busy with other people or if they are just nuts. I have had several other pads done by them that were way more complicated and the price was decent. Just curious. Thanks.

Old 09-22-2021, 09:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

FYI,I have had JD do a couple dashes and they were great.When I did my 62 I tried another company and where it meets up with the windshield it sucks.Been too lazy to pull it off and get it redone.Most people never notice it but I do and it pisses me off.Was cheaper but I got what I paid for.Tom

Old 09-22-2021, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
That steering wheel looks just fantastic!!! You mentioned you were going to send your dash to "just Dash's" for restoration. If you wouldn't mind, could you share the quote they are going to charge to restore the pad?. I contacted them about 2 years ago about my 62 dash and they were so high, I had to go a different direction. Just curious if they were just blowing smoke because they didn't want to do it or were too busy with other people or if they are just nuts. I have had several other pads done by them that were way more complicated and the price was decent. Just curious. Thanks.
Last time I was quoted it was $700 or $750. I'll have to check again as it was a few years ago and of course everything is more expensive, and it'll take 6 months to a year now. Thats what I get for waiting I guess!

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

Old 09-22-2021, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not to derail, but my quote was $1500.00. That did include putting color on it, (blue) and shipping. I had a good core. If they are still at $750.00 or so, I would consider that about right for a fairly simple flat dash pad. I had them do a 66 AC pad for my wagon and it was very complex with the AC vent in the center and all the angles and such. It was around a grand and came out beautiful. So no complaints about their quality. Possibly they just didn't want to do it. Thanks. Again, the steering wheel looks just great!

Old 09-22-2021, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah I just got their quote, it was $900 for a "short pad" which I believe this is plus $200-300 for color match. I'll probably still have to bite the bullet. I'm not sure how to even go about shipping one of these things.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 421mike
Default JD

They did mine a couple of years ago (61 Bonneville) and it didn't take very long. Cost was $1300.00 then so probably more now. Small shop, I used to live on the next street over many years ago. They do beautiful work.

Old 09-30-2021, 02:58 AM
Suspended

Looks gorgeous. I like the color.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
These are a work of art and you can also see it is tinted in the clear portion of the wheel. I had this done my Magnus in Sweden.
Not sure why it’s rotated now, I uploaded it right side up.
The wheel is so nice, now i'm going to have to have the horn ring replated and send the dash pad off to Just Dashes.
Could you please post up the details of this guy Magnus. I have a blue '65 Bonneville wheel in terrible condition and no one here seems to be able to restore it.
Thanks

Old 09-30-2021, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuck View Post
Could you please post up the details of this guy Magnus. I have a blue '65 Bonneville wheel in terrible condition and no one here seems to be able to restore it.
Thanks
His email is stade.b@telia.com (he said I could post it here)

I don't know if he has the mold for a 65 wheel but it doesn't hurt to ask. Not sure what all years he does.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks, I'll get in touch with him.

Ian

Old 10-02-2021, 09:50 AM
Suspended

That is the first after market wheel with the factory tint in the clear section.. Its magnificent!

I usually just get a Covico or a Grant. Either black or metalflake..

The nice thing about the Grant is you buy there hub in chrome and can switch wheels to change ratios. My 13" black Grant works nicely with my Lee 14:1 steering box..

Old 10-03-2021, 01:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have an aftermarket wheel I was going to put on but the factory wheels are just too cool.

I put the Jeep Grand Cherokee box on mine. Amazing the bolt pattern has been the same for so long.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not to hijack, but do you happen remember what years, generation of Grand Cherokee the box is a direct interchange for? Thank you.

Old 10-03-2021, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Not to hijack, but do you happen remember what years, generation of Grand Cherokee the box is a direct interchange for? Thank you.
93-98 Grand Cherokee.

Old 10-03-2021, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I was to have another one done I would use the clear again.To me it is more dramatic when looking in the car.Just MHO.Tom

Old 10-03-2021, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
93-98 Grand Cherokee.
Thank you. Our pull and pays are loaded with 99-04 Grand Cherokees. But they have some 93-98's as well. I think I will pick one up.