Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
138 by their clocks.

GTO George
George What was the 60 foot time on that run and on the 7.98 run? Based on the little information from both runs I would think that your 60 foot times have improved.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 09-11-2020, 12:03 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
George What was the 60 foot time on that run and on the 7.98 run? Based on the little information from both runs I would think that your 60 foot times have improved.

Stan
Off hand I don’t remember, I’ll check in the morning. I do remember that it (the 7.98) wasn’t a good run, it spun the tires and didn’t pull in 3rd gear.

GTO George

Old 11-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Suspended

Well after racing all year I’m putting it to bed in one piece! Can’t wait for next year, only 2 changes an high helix blower and a new distributor.
I did what I wanted to do run 7’s or the 1/8 mile equivalent all year in hot weather.

GTO George

Old 11-10-2020, 03:25 PM
Suspended

Oh yea.....heads never came off and ran only 11 lbs of boost. Last pass was a off the gas, on the breaks 5.08! I would guess a high 5.05 1/8 mile et.

GTO George

Old 01-01-2021, 04:10 PM
Suspended

So it’s the new year so it’s time to get ready for Tsing season! I have my money for the high helix 8-71 blower also got my programmable distributor for Christmas, just bought on eBay a System 1 reusable oil filter, now all I need is valve seals.....it’s all down hill now!! Also bought me another bump box......cool!

GTO George

Old 01-01-2021, 05:51 PM
Senior Chief

George, what are your performance goals this year?

71 Firebird
69 Firebird
Old 01-01-2021, 09:42 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojs69 View Post
George, what are your performance goals this year?
I don’t know.......good question. I guess it depends how much boost I can get out of the high helix 8-71. With the better rotor design I will get more hp with it being more efficient.

GTO George

Old 01-01-2021, 09:50 PM
Suspended

I accomplished what I wanted to do with the set up I had.....7.90’s in 80 degree temps on only 12-13 lbs of boost.

GTO George

Old 01-19-2021, 06:13 PM
Suspended

So I called The blower shop to see about a Blower and they said 6-8 weeks.......damn lucky i didn't wait to the last second to order. High Helix......Billet Rotors.....Billet Case.....Teflon strips on the Roptors and everything inside Anodized and YES it will work with my BDS intake! Guess my Blower will be up for sale.......without input shaft......Best offer!

GTO George

Old 01-19-2021, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congratulations on the new blower! Now, order a Birdcatcher to go with it.

Jim

Quote:
So I called The blower shop to see about a Blower and they said 6-8 weeks.......damn lucky i didn't wait to the last second to order. High Helix......Billet Rotors.....Billet Case.....Teflon strips on the Roptors and everything inside Anodized and YES it will work with my BDS intake! Guess my Blower will be up for sale.......without input shaft......Best offer!

GTO George

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

The Following User Says Thank You to twooldgoats For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 08:20 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post
Congratulations on the new blower! Now, order a Birdcatcher to go with it.

Jim
Right now I’m staying with the carbs, the blower will be more efficient and will take less hp to turn......”less yank on the crank”!
I’m not sure how much more boost I will get, car can only take so much power.

GTO George

Old 02-21-2021, 11:57 AM
Suspended

So this upgrading to a high helix blower is getting to be a Chinese fire drill. I thought when I first started that it would be a direct change.....NOPE. They (TBS) have 2 versions of the high helix blower one sits 9/16” further back then mine (going to hit the distributor) and the 2nd version sits WAY forward.......seriously? Don’t know which way to go BUT it will happen!

GTO George

Old 02-26-2021, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So this upgrading to a high helix blower is getting to be a Chinese fire drill. I thought when I first started that it would be a direct change.....NOPE. They (TBS) have 2 versions of the high helix blower one sits 9/16” further back then mine (going to hit the distributor) and the 2nd version sits WAY forward.......seriously? Don’t know which way to go BUT it will happen!

GTO George
How far forword George?

GT

Old 02-26-2021, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Your old blower probably was completely open on the bottom, not the most efficient way to move the air. The high helix blower will have a much smaller and different shaped air outlet on the bottom. That location will determine how the blower works with your manifold. There will be an imbalance between cylinders, especially with your very low profile BDS manifold. Even with my Gutsram intake I put more air and fuel into the front cylinders because the blower is set forward. That's why it's essential (in my view) to tune by port as well as by hat injectors. Talk to the manufacturer about your options and what will work best with your BDS intake. They should know and be willing to work with you on it.

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Old 02-26-2021, 03:30 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueghoast View Post
How far forword George?

GT
Well im waiting on that answer now BUT I think its 1" further forward then their standard blower which means ill have to buy a new imput/snout and idler pulley mount.....lucky me! LOL! Pictures of forward offset blower.....standard blower and air outlet of blowers.

GTO George
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3B992866-3D47-49D4-8BBD-A6C075AF4207.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	561611   Click image for larger version

Name:	57AB24ED-A395-46E5-97D8-724A180671CE_4_5005_c.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	561612   Click image for larger version

Name:	20114092-F04F-4B37-936C-0B41C858F6CA.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	561613  

Old 02-26-2021, 03:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Your old blower probably was completely open on the bottom, not the most efficient way to move the air. The high helix blower will have a much smaller and different shaped air outlet on the bottom. That location will determine how the blower works with your manifold. There will be an imbalance between cylinders, especially with your very low profile BDS manifold. Even with my Gutsram intake I put more air and fuel into the front cylinders because the blower is set forward. That's why it's essential (in my view) to tune by port as well as by hat injectors. Talk to the manufacturer about your options and what will work best with your BDS intake. They should know and be willing to work with you on it.

Jim
They said the back cylinders may run lean..........BUT I've always had problems with only my front....go figure!

George

Old 02-26-2021, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My front cylinders get more air from the blower, so I run bigger fuel nozzles in the front cylinders than the back ones. I fine tune by EGT (have a sensor on every cylinder). I balance the temps by cyinder and that's my final tune. My hat nozzles are all the same, but my port nozzles run bigger in the front, since the opening on the bottom of the blower is offset to the front. It's not a big difference between cylinders, though.

Jim

7.75 @ 178 pass:

Old 02-28-2021, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Quote:
My front cylinders get more air from the blower, so I run bigger fuel nozzles in the front cylinders than the back ones. I fine tune by EGT (have a sensor on every cylinder). I balance the temps by cyinder and that's my final tune. My hat nozzles are all the same, but my port nozzles run bigger in the front, since the opening on the bottom of the blower is offset to the front. It's not a big difference between cylinders, though.

Jim
Problem is I don’t have that luxury, I’ll just have to jet the snot out the carbs and hope for the best. I have 210’s in them now......I have jets up to 224’s. This will be fun! PPTTF!

GTO George

Old 02-28-2021, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Used to hang out with a Nostalgia nitro F/C when I was at the March Meet that actually ran different pistons front to back to make up for the compression difference. I think they were surprised that I noticed. Lots of tricks to getting all eight making power.
Good luck George!

Old 02-28-2021, 06:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterp266 View Post
Used to hang out with a Nostalgia nitro F/C when I was at the March Meet that actually ran different pistons front to back to make up for the compression difference. I think they were surprised that I noticed. Lots of tricks to getting all eight making power.
Good luck George!
I love going to the nostalgia races!
All I can hope for is richer up the lean cylinders and hope the rest aren’t too fat, luckily I run low boost.

GTO George b

Closed Thread