Old 08-15-2020, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Stock motor mount question

1967 GTO.

I installed the taller motor mount on the driver side of the frame but in researching another subject, I came across an old thread that says just the opposite. Yikes! Which way is correct?

Old 08-15-2020, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Taller goes on the passenger side.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ugh! I mean...How! Get it? Pontiac=Indian speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB VIDAN View Post
Taller goes on the passenger side.
I may have misled you by my faulty wording Bob. At least that is what I am hoping.

I meant to ask which side the taller motor mount bracket bolts to the frame, not the height of the motor mount itself. I seem to recall the three mounting holes and its configuration only lined up on their respective sides, making it impossible to mount them the wrong way unless you drilled your own holes to make them fit.

After researching, I never found a definitive answer. Some folks swear the taller bracket goes on the passenger side of the frame, some swear they go on the driver side!

If someone has their stock brackets still in place, could you possibly check for me? I'm assuming all 64-71 Tempest/LeMans/GTO's were the same regardless of frame manufacturer or year (mine's 1967). Thanks.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Shorter bracket on the passenger side

Here's a photo of what looks to be an original motor mount (right side) and it is definitely the shorter bracket.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=825393

Photo is shown on the #3 entry of Dominic's RedDirtRoad latest restoration thread on this very forum.