Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 06-23-2020, 03:53 PM

Default 1970 Floor Mat Colors

What color floor mat came with a 70 GTO, exterior color Granada Gold, interior color Saddle.

And, are those floor mats available today?

70 GTO HT, Original Owner, Atoll Blue, #s Match, 400, 4-Speed, A/C, Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
70 GTO HT, Burgundy, Not #s Match, 455, 4-Speed, Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
70 GTO Convertible, Granada Gold, #s Match, 400, 3-Speed MT, Floor Shift, Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
Old 06-23-2020, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is a page from the 1970 accessories catalog that shows the floor mat colors that were available: http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/stati...e/image27.html They say, "to harmonize with interiors" but I suppose you could get whatever you wanted. There was one called Dark Saddle.

The Ames catalog shows reproduction mats in black, blue, red and parchment.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My Granada Gold 70 GTO has dark saddle interior and used the ones mentioned. Been a biotch getting interior parts that are actually the correct color. So far only Legendary and SEM to make up the difference.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 06-23-2020, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Original floor mats came in quite a few colors for each model year, some model years, the mats were the same as the preceding model year. Black fit multiple years. Colors like Sandalwood were often one year. In the mid 80's & up into the 90's managed to pick up several pairs of NOS Pontiac floor mats out of dealership stocks I bought up, but they were never the color & style I needed for own cars, & eventually those mats sold. At '90 POCI Nats, a long time vendor from PA showed up, & as he unloaded I took off on a dead run to his nearby spaces & managed to buy 3 pair of NOS mats I needed for several of my keeper Pontiacs. Quite a swarm of vendors right behind me that moment. Have been to a bunch of conventions & big national swappers, but have never again ran across such a selection of nos Pontiac floor mats. 60's through late 80's NOS mats were always hard to find, even when working near 2 dozen swappers each year. Towards the end of the 90's, eBay became the most popular venue for detailing pieces like NOS mats, & from time to time a pair from here or there would show up. Unfortunately, such parts stocks have been long depleted. Looking for a certain color pair of mats, the smart thing o do is advertise in multiple venues. Advertise here in the correct Parts Wanted forum & if you're on the Facebook Groups, advertise on them as well. Persistence may pay off, good luck.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:53 PM
Senior Chief

I have a 70 GTO with saddle interior and use saddle mats as more of a contrast with the dark saddle carpet. Ialso have dark saddle and also use gold from 69 gto model year. All of these colors work well with saddle interior.

1967 Firebird 400 convertible 4 speed #'s matching
2002 SOM Trans Am WS6 Convertible 6 speed bone stock
1970 GTO convertible auto #'s matching