73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 03-10-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrookie View Post
PA
What's close?

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
The pic of the blue 74 looks as if it has 73 1/4's on it!!! have the 1/4's been changed??
Check out this link Rex
http://www.forums.maxperformanceinc....42#post4556442

Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
wish i could find one close to me...
I can get this one as far as ohio with little to no cost probably

Old 03-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moontower69 View Post
oops, here it is
Great color, but i'm partial to blue anyway
I give it 2 thumbs up

Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
What's close?
a couple hrs drive from NW pa or so...

Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetallman View Post
I can get this one as far as ohio with little to no cost probably
that might work if it's up near toledo...

i travel for work so having time is an issue during this part of the year. actually have a job coming up in cincinnati and one in missouri starting the 18th. hopefully i get on one of them, will have to fly to missouri though...

Old 03-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
that might work if it's up near toledo...

i travel for work so having time is an issue during this part of the year. actually have a job coming up in cincinnati and one in missouri starting the 18th. hopefully i get on one of them, will have to fly to missouri though...
not sure but it may fit in a carry on LOL, I have a buddy in Cincinnati that is coming down sometime to pick up a car, that is why I was thinking I can get it to there for someone

Old 03-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

let me know when and i will let u know if that will work. thanks!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Suspended

Wink Flat Hood Two Cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 Canamman View Post
It could be worth a few hundred if it was a NACA scooped hood. A regular flat hood probably will not be worth too much.
Agree to disagree here. IMO: If someone had a rust free example of a standard GA hood for a 1973 it would be worth several hundred to the right buyers. After all, they don't make them anymore now do they? And the repops will no doubt be the NASA scooped hoods that are not original per your PHS etc. and will become more common than those originally made. I'd be more inclined to do a hole punch for a shaker...

But then again; I'm biased!

Last edited by Alvin; 03-11-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry

Frank,

What repops? There will never be a steel reproduction NACA hood for these cars. Possibly, a flimsy poor fitting fiberglass hood will be available. Sh!t, we can't get the Ram Air parts made.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 Canamman View Post
Frank,

What repops? There will never be a steel reproduction NACA hood for these cars. Possibly, a flimsy poor fitting fiberglass hood will be available. Sh!t, we can't get the Ram Air parts made.
Surely you jest and are facetiously playing; if not: The Irony here is that the Chebby Camaro guys know what repop means.
AND why the simultaneous dig against Motorealm’s possible attempt to reproduce a NASA glass hood? Ultimately I really don’t care...
Quote:
Re: What ‘s definition of Repop”? Reproduction abriviated is "repro", you'll find a lot of common uses if you google repro.

A slang meaning for "pop" is "to make" as in "I've got it down so that I can just pop out the parts starting next week".

"Repop" is just slang for "to make reproduction" it's based off repro and pop as explained... Repop is also being used in trendy recycling as a shortened version of repurpose meaning to reuse instead of throwing something away...

Hope that helps...

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=192369

Old 03-12-2012, 05:52 PM

I think it was sarcasm that the aftermarket will "never" produce body parts for the 73-77A. Pretty sure 77ca knows what repop means.

Personally, that term reminds me of a few friends that had the same name. In our circle, we had two Todds and two Phils - they were called Todd, Phil, ReTodd and Rephil. ....'Politically correct' didn't mean much back in the 80's...

Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default hood pics

Got a quick pic of it while I was there yesterday, years and years of dust, I bet it was in the shed since the 80's. I'll be listing it in the for sale section and maybe e-pay, probably start by asking $500. I'ts not mine and I get none of the money but I have to do the best I can for the seller

Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM

Thumbs up

Would love to have that hood if there were a way to ship it to California?

Old 03-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm not sure what the shipping would be but I will help in any way I can, I know a broker that searches for the cheapest way. Probably weigh 150 or so after crateing it up

Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 PM

PM sent.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:12 PM

I've bought 3 of these hoods in the last 6 years, never paid more $275. Bought one last year for $160. The guy that had his for $950 in Nevada never sold it. The $600 one in Kansas sold for $225, the one in Weatherford went for $150. Just my two cents.

Shipping is impossible... try this. Look on craigslist in the area where the hood is located under RIDESHARE. Find someone already moving your direction with room to spare. I paid a guy $75 to bring a hood with home from Pennsylvania to Texas. It's all about patience. Usually takes a month to catch someone. I sure sound like a cheap bastard.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

guy closer wants it to cut the vents out and use it on a 73 GTO, not my hood but I wont give it away, since its been in the shed for this many years it can go back on the shelf, I'll tell him not to sell it for nothing. $400 or not for sale, Just my two cents

Old 03-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetallman View Post
guy closer wants it to cut the vents out and use it on a 73 GTO, not my hood but I wont give it away, since its been in the shed for this many years it can go back on the shelf, I'll tell him not to sell it for nothing. $400 or not for sale, Just my two cents
This economy sucks, people are not willing to pay what they would have several years ago. I have a bunch of 73-77 Grand Prix Parts that i have started to send to the crusher, no sense in me paying to store them any longer. I'd say put the hood away for now if its not costing anything to store it and wait for some of the economy to come back, bur if Obama gets in again, go ahead and crush it, we'll never see it come back.

Wanted 1977 Can Am forgotten projects or parts cars, other 73-77 Pontiac A-bodys, also 4-speed setup for 73-77 GTO, Grand Ams, CA e-mail me shubedo1@yahoo.com with info. Buy Sell or Trade --------------------------------------
Old 03-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Suspended

Default Hoods

I have sold 2 NASA hoods in the last 6 months, they were both in good shape as good as the pic of the red one in the post, & I got $ 500.00 each & they came from several hours away to get them & were happy to get them when they did. Hold on the the hood you will get at least $ 500.00 out of it if the bottom side is as good looking as the top side. But make sure that both sides are good & not rusted out. Thats the key it has to be a good hodd, one that you can clean up , paint & put on. Not one that will need several hours of work just to make it be ok. GOOD hoods bring the money, as like any part the better parts get the bucks.