OHC-6 TECH Over Head Cam projects, questions and advice.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Buyer Beware

I am in the process of collecting parts to make repairs to my Sprint. It was mentioned long ago about a company that mfgs a thicker I/E gasket which I thought would be a good thing to install. The gasket itself is $29 bucks but hey its better than having to do this twice. Talked with a nice lady on Friday and she claimed that the owner had to process the order? Erkay, odd but whatever. My fault for not having checked the shipping price. Even though it was overstuffed the gasket was still bent by UPS and they managed to load in piles and piles of their propaganda. $19 bucks to ship a gasket UPS ground.

Buyer beware of Flatout gaskets in IL and make sure to call and check the shipping damages and tell them NOT to include pounds of their catalogs and flyers.

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Old 07-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Senior Chief

I purchased three gaskets from them, I found they packaged them very well no problems what so ever... Pricey but they knocked off a few bucks for the three..

Old 07-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Senior Chief

I am sure if you contact them and explain what happened, they will make it right. I developed that gasket with them about 8 or 10 years ago. They are good people and a good company to deal with. I would not hesitate to deal with them in the future. No need for "buyer beware".

Old 07-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm always shocked when I ship something @ UPS, seems like it's never under $16.00 for a 8"x12"x6" box with a feather packed in it.

Don't blame the vendor for what UPS charges.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had heard that Flatout had a good solution for a proper intake/exhaust gasket, as the others were too thin. If it was damaged in shipping, that sucks. You should get a new one.

Shipping UPS or FedEx is so expensive these days, sometimes it costs more than the value of the item to ship it. But if the product works where others did not, I'll pay that extra for a better result.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wanted to order there gaskets guess I'll give them a try and see what happens. I understand about UPS ripping people off I keep getting burned everytime I go to ship parts I just lost another $7.00 due to UPS shipping caculator being off. I might just stick with the good old USPS.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I believe I talked to them last year at PRI about OHC-6 gaskets
Rob glad to see they came thru for ya.
Marc,may want to talk to them and give another chance.