THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

View Poll Results: Superbowl LV Champs?
Buccaneers 14 70.00%
Chiefs 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2021, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Bucs or Chiefs

I can't believe no one has asked!

Old 02-07-2021, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom needs a seventh ring!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F0A9965C-280B-4103-94DE-8133C5853387.jpeg
Views:	411
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	560330  

Old 02-07-2021, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Watch Brady again. No thanks. I like Mahomes, so watched last year, but I have better things to do

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

NFL and some other sports have lost lots of fans / followers.

Didn't even know the SuperBowl was today - or who was playing in it - until i talked to my Dad earlier today and he mentioned it.

NFL and NBA can both take a knee - and stay there
I got better things to do - even if i had nothing to do.

Lack of responses here might mean most others share the same sentiment. idunno

Old 02-07-2021, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree. A lot of people I know are fed up with the NFL, and the whole take a knee thing and how the NFL caved, they haven’t watched a game since.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I heard about it from just ONE person this year. Before, talk about the game
was almost unavoidable. Even people that weren't into football would tune in
just for the commercials. Who wants to sit through Bruce Springsteen giving
a lecture on the "ReUnited States" now?

Old 02-07-2021, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

lol
Springsteen , within the past 2-4 years , cancelled his concert in my hometown because the Greensboro Coliseum did not allow "pick your identity" at the bathrooms.
That was his reason for cancelling.

I was not a ticket holder or potential attendee
But thought it was an "odd" choice on his part.
He can also take a knee - and stay there

Old 02-07-2021, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have not watched an NFL game this season. And, I never followed basketball anyway. I do watch a little college football if I don't have anything else to do.

Old 02-08-2021, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALFWAY View Post
I can't believe no one has asked!
Yawn! Who cares?

Old 02-08-2021, 12:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The patriots did great tonight!

The Following User Says Thank You to scott70 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2021, 09:02 AM

It was a cascade of problems for the Chiefs and the referees was one of the hugest. Brady is the best quarterback of all time and didn’t need any help from the referees. Football is the greatest team sport in history and is a great reprieve from daily life especially from last years problems. It was awesome the NFL invited all those critical care workers to the game.
Go Eagles

Old 02-08-2021, 10:08 AM

I watched 3 hours of the puppy bowl . They even had a pup named MaryAnn lol.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 02-08-2021, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

NASCAR, lost my interest last year when they started telling me what they think, I should say and do, Then there was "noosegate" no time for that crap, that's after being a fan for 60 years. I haven't watched it since, probably never will.

I never even knew until recently, who won the championship. The Dominos commercial "Nice PJs Hamlin" clued me in.

I never watched the NFL ever, so I could care less. Thought a "super bowl" was a large economy sized vessel to put party snacks in???

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 02-08-2021, 01:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

PMA and huge amounts of study went into the Bucks victory. The smartest NFL player in the game Played last night. It is nice to see intelligence has its place in almost everything.

Old 02-08-2021, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
NASCAR, lost my interest last year when they started telling me what they think, I should say and do, Then there was "noosegate" no time for that crap, that's after being a fan for 60 years. I haven't watched it since, probably never will.

I never even knew until recently, who won the championship. The Dominos commercial "Nice PJs Hamlin" clued me in.

I never watched the NFL ever, so I could care less. Thought a "super bowl" was a large economy sized vessel to put party snacks in???
I’m curious how the dominos commercial clued you in to who won the championship?
I’m a big Brady fan so congratulations to him and the Bucs.

Old 02-08-2021, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
It was a cascade of problems for the Chiefs and the referees was one of the hugest. Brady is the best quarterback of all time and didn’t need any help from the referees. ...
You're a misogynist. There. I said it. The NFL had just unveiled their first female referee, and here you are belittling her. A male referee might have blown some calls too. Just kidding. It's just another example of the NFL's endless virtue signalling, like having TWO National anthems.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandam1979 View Post
I’m curious how the dominos commercial clued you in to who won the championship?
I’m a big Brady fan so congratulations to him and the Bucs.
They used the Hamlin commercial ad nauseum, proceeding the beginning of the new season. Johnson/Gordon commercials were used much the same way during the off season, and opening into the new season. Also Dominos doesn't sponsor Gibbs cars.

If you've watched NASCAR as long as I have, certain things in commercials clue you in as to who won last years championship, preceding the Daytona 500 in February. Just observations of a long time ex fan is all.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 02-08-2021, 06:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post

NASCAR's "noosegate" was fully investigated and proven to be a total non issue.

That garage door pull had been like that since 2019 (as evidenced by photos from the previous year) and it was just a random draw that had Bubba using that particular garage stall.

Denny finished 4th in the standings for the Cup Championship, so you really are still out to lunch. Logano was 3rd, Keselowski was 2nd and Chase Elliott was (and is) the Champion.

Hamlin has a national endorsement deal with Domino's - that is why they are featuring Denny.

Chase has had Hooter's as one of his sponsors since 2018, so that would preclude him from doing ads for rival Domino's.

2018 paint job:

Old 02-08-2021, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
NASCAR's "noosegate" was fully investigated and proven to be a total non issue.

That garage door pull had been like that since 2019 (as evidenced by photos from the previous year) and it was just a random draw that had Bubba using that particular garage stall.

Denny finished 4th in the standings for the Cup Championship, so you really are still out to lunch. Logano was 3rd, Keselowski was 2nd and Chase Elliott was (and is) the Champion.

Hamlin has a national endorsement deal with Domino's - that is why they are featuring Denny.

Chase has had Hooter's as one of his sponsors since 2018, so that would preclude him from doing ads for rival Domino's.

2018 paint job:

Champ, good to see that someone is still keeping score, but it's obviously not me. I used to look forward to Daytona, this year I wouldn't even know what date it's on, except for the commercials on TV. You can bet I'll be doing something else that afternoon.

I may be out to lunch on that hunch, but I still won't ever spend a penny to see another NOOSECAR race, I won't even watch them on TV for free. I honestly never researched to see who did win, because I honestly don't care at all. It's their support of the anti American faction that pissed me off, on who of all peoples car, Richard Petty. The noose crap, and all the hoopla was just a small part of it. I'm sure NASCAR conveniently forgot how Wendell Scott was treated by them during his owner/driving career. Hypocrites comes to mind.

I followed NASCAR from Daytona to Homestead every year for decades, to me they ceased to exist in mid 2020.

The nerve of any sport telling me what I need to think or say, ain't happening. The dirt tracks will take my money, and not try to preach how I should think about my fellow man, that is between GOD, and me, NASCAR doesn't have any say in it. NASCAR doesn't have one verse written about them. They're a legend in their own minds, but not mine.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 02-08-2021, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I’m in the “don’t watch anymore” camp. Army veteran, stopped watching when everyone started kneeling. Been too many places where people would give everything they have to enjoy the blessings that come with being born in this country and I have no interest in hearing people complain about it. Would honestly rather hang out with the Afghanis and Bosnians I met years ago than deal with some hysterical whining progressive twerp.