Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 12-12-2013, 02:51 PM

Default 67 Ram Air GTO Northwest Ct.

L-O-N-G Shot here.

Anyone have any info on this car? Last known to be in Northwest Ct…area of CT. / Mass. / New York border area.

Factory RA car (NOM short block) / TI / 4 Speed / 3.55 NOM rear axle from 68 or 69 GTO / wood wheel and AM / FM mono radio / black interior / no console.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO67RA.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	346248  

Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Check with Paul Mennin.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-12-2013, 09:06 PM

Who is Paul MENNIN? I think it is spelled Paul Menin. Any contact info?

Edit..did some research..he lives VERY VERY close to where someone told me they thought they saw the car. No contact info found yet. Can you help?

Last edited by 67ramairowner; 12-12-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I remember paul telling me about a '67 ram air car that lived in Winsted at the time. (years ago) no more info about it though, as I think he was trying to find/buy it. he goes by gtopaul13 on site.
phone is 413-229-8652.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ramairowner View Post
Who is Paul MENNIN? I think it is spelled Paul Menin. Any contact info?

Edit..did some research..he lives VERY VERY close to where someone told me they thought they saw the car. No contact info found yet. Can you help?
Sorry, fat fingers. Who are you?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-15-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Meaney View Post
I remember paul telling me about a '67 ram air car that lived in Winsted at the time. (years ago) no more info about it though, as I think he was trying to find/buy it. he goes by gtopaul13 on site.
phone is 413-229-8652.
"Matt"

This may be an incomplete message when you read it. I hurt my hand & my typing is REALLY slow This thing has timed out on me trashing the message TWICE. Stand by this will take a couple of "Edits".

Spoke with Paul Thursday or Friday…found his Phone number thru independent research. Great talking to him but he did not have much to help me with.

This gets more and more interesting tome. It all revolves around Torrington / Litchfield / Winsted and New Hartford. First I grew up in Litchfield / Torrington area!!! There was a pharmacy on Main Street in Torrington..down 3 or 4 doors from the Warner theater..same side of the street. My Dad owned that store with his brother.

First..my car was bought new by the owner of Zeller Tire in Torrington. He sold it in 68 and a guy from New Hartford ended up with it. That guy now runs a repair business on Main Street in Winsted! Winsted plays in this a good amount.

RA car in Winsted. Actually there were two RA Cars in / near Winsted. Both were Plum Mist. One in new Hartford one in Winsted. The "Winsted Car' was later sold used in Torrington at Cornelio Motors on Migeon Ave by its owner who was a salesman at the dealer. I actually drove that car on a test ride once. Could that be the RA car Paul was after once???

My car got hit..about 1975 stopped on Rt 2 in East Hartford when a Chrysler station wagon hit me and drove me into a stopped Lincoln Continental. The GTO fared badly. I sold the car to a friend in Litchfield (Steve Way)….RIP Steve. By that time the "Winsted RA Car' had been junked. Steve got the nose from the "Winsted Car" and put it on my car. Ugly color combo. He later sold it to a guy in Winsted who owned a body shop. Could this car / parts combo be the car Paul was after? Could the New Hartford car be the car Paul was after? We will never know. An aside…my car had headers when I got it. I took em off and put the RA manifolds from the "Winsted Car" on my car after its owner put headers on it. Ultimately the manifold and the fenders from the "Winsted Car" ended UP back in Winsted as part of my car!

After my accident, before I sold the car, an Adjuster came out to look at the car. He said" If we settle and you want keep this car my son would like to buy it as is". Steve wanted it..Steve got it. Steve kept the car a while then sold it to a guy in Winsted who owned a BODY SHOP. That guy was the son of the Adjuster, same guy who wanted it a few years earlier!!!! So after all this dust clears…my car was IN WINSTED with the front clip and manifolds from the original "Winsted Car" installed on it. Could this combo be the car Paul was after????? After digging into this more the body shop owner (The Adjusters Kid) and I went to grade school together for 1 year in Torrington 20 years before that. We did not know each other then.

Okay now in comes the lead to Paul. Someone told me that they saw the car. I don't know if it was after the body guy fixed it or if he need fixed it at all …perhaps he just flipped it to someone in Cannan, Don't know if Cannan spotted car was even my car or another red one? The place they said they saw it? In Cannan Ct. within 6 miles of where Paul has lived for years!

Strange stuff today the least.

Then you contact me from my old home town!!! WOW.

Last edited by 67ramairowner; 12-15-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:35 PM

Matt…now I hit the Administrator 60 minute "edit limit" !!!!!! If you can add anything after the info I gave you just above or if ya want to talk about Torrington "then and now" contact me via PM or E-mail. We might know some of the same folks…hell we might know each other!

Old 12-15-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Sorry, fat fingers. Who are you?
Just a guy looking for his old car..no one special. You can PM me or use E-mail if necessary.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

sorry, can't add anything else.

funny, I went to high school in the eighty's in derby. my English teacher had a plum mist R/A 4 speed car. that's 3 plum mist R/A cars in western ct.