Old 02-22-2000, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

just had the 79 bandit car repainted and was wondering which company produces the best quality decal kit. i would like to know from others what there experience has been. the repro kit dealers all advertise how great they are but i want individual input from anyone who has used them. thanks
....well, i purchased a kit from stencils and stripes...no arrogant speaking guy from arizona...just top quality looking merchandise and a real "one-piece" hood bird, not to mention the "unleaded fuel only" for under the fuel door and the "trans am by pontiac" for the top leading edge of drivers side bumper. "stencils and stripes" is the way to go!

[This message has been edited by Larry Navarro (edited 03-20-2000).]

Old 02-22-2000, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

just had the 79 bandit car repainted and was wondering which company produces the best quality decal kit. i would like to know from others what there experience has been. the repro kit dealers all advertise how great they are but i want individual input from anyone who has used them. thanks
....well, i purchased a kit from stencils and stripes...no arrogant speaking guy from arizona...just top quality looking merchandise and a real "one-piece" hood bird, not to mention the "unleaded fuel only" for under the fuel door and the "trans am by pontiac" for the top leading edge of drivers side bumper. "stencils and stripes" is the way to go!

[This message has been edited by Larry Navarro (edited 03-20-2000).]

Old 02-22-2000, 03:43 PM

Phoenix Graphics makes excellent reproductions, and the price is great!! If I remember right it was $219 for non SE cars, and $269 for SE cars w/all the stripes and everything. Great price, excellent quality, and the installation instructions are good. Here is a picture of my hood bird applied:

Phoenix Graphics has a web site, http://www.phoenixgraphix.com and you can order directly from their site. Here is the link for your car: http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/transam/7981ta.htm
Hope this helps, and I would highly reccommend the reproductions as opposed to NOS for price and quality reasons (I've heard that NOS aren't as good as the 3M vinyl). They also have kits for Firebird H.O., Firebird Sprint, and even Can Am.

Later,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by KevinDush (edited 02-22-2000).]

Old 02-24-2000, 10:56 PM

I used Phoenix Graphix also.
They have a great price and are GM licensed.
The hood bird is one piece. Also be sure to use 3m pinstripping, they sell that also. The cheap Pep Boys type will peel off. Take a look at the web page below for a how to. http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/S...75/index6.html

------------------
The Pontiac Trans Am Page

Old 02-26-2000, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've ordered decals from Ames Performance and they are of high quality. I'm not sure who their supplier is though, I would think it would either be Stencils and Stripes or Phoenix Graphics, because they're about the only two companies out there making high quality repro' decals.

Old 03-11-2000, 05:44 PM
Senior Chief

Located in Columbus Ohio there is a Place that sells all of the T/A Graphics The Quality Is Very Good I Have used 3-Kits(1 was a 10 anniversary Package) They have Looked great.PRICE IS VERY GOOD.
MAINSTREEM DISTRIBUTING CO.
(614)444-0320 This is a old number I am not sure if it is still good.