Old 08-21-2009, 07:55 PM

Exclamation Trade my 71 Goat for ?

I have a very nice, original . . . mostly restored (frame on) Cardinal Red 1971 GTO with Black Interior, 4-speed, 400 Motor (original number car with PHS Documentation) that I am considering trading for, earlier Goat, or Firebird. Don't have anything in mind, am just asking what anyone thinks . . . about this? Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How about something like this? It's on ebay right now but I am looking for a stick car.

Joe

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=606240

Old 08-22-2009, 07:14 AM

Joe . . . very nice car.

I really have got to have another stick car too. Really want a big (so to speak) motor Goat or a Firebird, maybe something that needs to be finished, etc. I have a ton of money in this car, it is real nice (see my avatar), has all of what I want, but running out of steam to finish it (95% done).

Not sure why, but would like to start over with an early model GTO . . . Just something I thought I run up the flag pole . . . and see what happens.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:37 AM

On second thought and FYI . . . I have all the part purchased and ready to install . . . (nice new rear bumper and both light lens, splitters, various small parts). This car will really be a looker when it is finished, and everything is ready to be put on it is already purchased. If you into the 72-72 era cars, this one is as nice as you will find although not perfect, it wouldn't take much to make it so.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:54 AM

How much of a project are you looking for?

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 08-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What do you feel your '71 is worth?

Old 08-22-2009, 11:59 AM

Mike, not sure . . . I put a fair amount of work into this one, so not scared of the work. Would like to trade for something that is equal (of somewhat less, I'd understand) in value and or the money I have invested in it. I now have about 25 grand, all said and done (and all the extra stuff no in it yet) in the car, so would like something that would be close to that number.

I would like a 4 speed car, and older is more my thing anyway . . . so other than that, I am open minded.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:02 PM

Abe . . . not really sure. I posted what I have in it. I see them for all kinds of money (low end maybe 12K, top end 25K). This one is as nice as I've seen. Can't you give me any idea of what you think it is worth (in theory, I understand) being a numbers matching car ?

Old 08-22-2009, 03:15 PM

PS; Another thought.

If I could pick the perfect trade, I would pick a 4 speed 67 GTO (66, 65, 69 in order behind it) without a motor, but very nice . . . and complete with that exception. Color and options make no difference, Very nice inside and nice and straight outside . . . maybe with a blown (or trashed) motor.

Other than that . . . a 67 Firebird (68, 69, 70, or 71) also with a 4 speed . . . would be the next best thing. Also open to the older 4-speed Catalina styles.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:31 PM

If you get yours sold. I've got a 65 htp in major project form that I'm considering selling. Solid sheetmetal, most parts to build, interior's done and sitting in the house as are the rechromed bumpers,P/S , P/B, Ralley guages,A/C. It's in a pile right now.

I've been burned out on the car for a couple yrs and it's sat in the barn.

At this point I'm not really serious about moving it but there are others higher on my list right now.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 08-22-2009, 03:41 PM

Mike . . keep me posted. Not sure I want a "major" project cuz it seems I'm getting too old to crawl around on the floor (LOL) like I did. I always liked the 65s (had 2) and do have a couple bites on mine. Not 100% sure I want to give up on it, but just sort of lost interest. Very nice car . . . and would also consider trades and some case. Just kind of open to almost anything that makes sense. Thanks . . . again. Take care!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

tried to pm you, but it wouldnt work. anyhow, i have a 69 judge, silver/red int. 4 spd., running and drivable but needs restored. i believe the value at about 15-16k. could you send me some pics.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:54 PM

Really was looking for something older . . . but would like to see pictures if you have any. I just learned I am now getting PMs anymore. Not sure why. My regular e-mail is

gmbiker@hotmail.com

The value on this one is around 20 ish (very nice condition and almost done) from what i can see. Numbers matching 4-speed car. Original color (not original paint) and all new interior. Not an AC car . . . and has a Covad dash panel (new) with all new AutoMeter Ultra lite guages. This is the only thing now stock looking about it.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:55 AM

UPDATE: As of 8/25 it (my 71) is UP FOR SALE. Posted on e-bay too. I will show the link later today.

Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MESELX:IT

Old 08-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen this car - it's nice!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 08-28-2009, 02:05 PM

I will also consider a trade for part or all of this vehicle.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks very nice....

Is that the original factory color scheme? Red exterior?

Data plate numbers?

Old 08-29-2009, 08:21 AM

JL . . yes it is the original scheme (cardinal Red w/ Black). Will post the data place (in my shop) this afternoon. It did however, have a "cordonva top" which was black and it was removed many years ago.

Thanks for looking . . .

Old 08-29-2009, 10:28 AM

Default 65 GTO 4 spd, tripower for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouseman View Post
Really was looking for something older . . . but would like to see pictures if you have any. I just learned I am now getting PMs anymore. Not sure why. My regular e-mail is

gmbiker@hotmail.com

The value on this one is around 20 ish (very nice condition and almost done) from what i can see. Numbers matching 4-speed car. Original color (not original paint) and all new interior. Not an AC car . . . and has a Covad dash panel (new) with all new AutoMeter Ultra lite guages. This is the only thing now stock looking about it.
If you are interested in buying a 65 GTO after you sell your car, I am thinking of listing my 65 on ebay next month. I will probably be asking $14-15K. Gary

Old 08-29-2009, 10:44 AM

Gary . . can you send description and some pictures please (must be a 4-speed car. Thanks.