Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 67 LeMans- Still for sale:

Buyer had to back out because the buyer for his car backed out.

What I need is a rock solid buyer who is 100% sincere, cash buyer. What I do not need are tire kickers, dreamers or stories. I hate to be crude or rude but we all have seen or heard the stories at one time or another. You know, the "oh if this would only have been this time last year, just before I bought the three 69 Judges, I would have bought this car in a heartbeat" type of stories.

The car is what it is, an absolutely beautiful 67 LeMans, numbers matching car with low mileage, mostly all original paint, original interior, well taken care of, two owner car. Runs & drives like a dream! Needs a new radiator (although I drive the car now the way it is with no problems and also needs the upper controls arms rebuilt, new bushings). $18,500.00 FIRM!!!

Call Joe: 386-215-4843 cell

This car is about as rust free all original sheet metal car as one can hope for. I am not aware of ANY replacement panels and or patches on this car ANYWHERE! This car has no rust that I am aware of at all! The floor pans look perfect from the underside of the car. The doors shut as if the car was new. Again, this car retains ALL of it's original sheet metal and has NOT had new quarters or patches ANYWHERE that I can find or anyone that has looked at the car for that matter. I bought the car 2-1/2 years ago from the family of the original owner who passed away at 83 y/o. I did convert the car to a 4-speed using nothing but correct NOS or used parts and was done absolutely OEM/factory correct. The original 2-speed trans comes with the car as does the original 2bbl in take and original 2bbl carb. In addition I added OEM power seat, power trunk release, rear window defroster, rear power antenna, screw on door edge guards, red fender well liners, tilt wheel, trunk light, dash clock (Quartz), hood tach,.

I also had the original AM radio converted to AM/FM/MP3 80watts both front & rear single speakers have been upgraded to dual voice coils for true stereo sound. Stereo system looks 100% bone stock original AM radio but sounds like a modern day system due to the conversion and upgraded speakers (well over $800 invested in the sound system/conversion alone).

Last edited by 67 LeMans 326; 07-31-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Also the car does have all it's original glass except for the front windshield which broke on the way to POCI last summer. The rest are basically perfect, very little scratches if any. Also has all original trim/stainless, front & bumpers as well (not repops). Trim/stainless is all in above average condition and I would consider it all above driver quality.

Also, I believe the Rally I's to be the originals as well. The trim rings and centers may all be new/repops, but the rims themselves I believe are the originals. I also have the Protecto Plate for the car and the original owner's manual.

I also have the original drums brakes if someone wants all of that as well.

I did replace ALL the rubber seals on the car when I bought it. Doors, roof rail, quarter glass, trunk etc. For whatever reason I kept the originals when I replaced them as they were in fact the originals. I also just replaced the original timing chain & gear as well as it was stretched & wore.

I am very happy to report that Diamondback tire has really stepped up to the plate. I noticed one of the red lines had a bald spot on the rear tire tread because I noticed a slight vibration the other day. I called them up, they pulled my receipt. I offered to take a digital pic of the bald spot and send it to them, they said no need they trusted me and offered to replaced the tire at half price because I have had them now for 2-1/2 years. Half price would have been $120 plus shipping, by the end of the call, they had one on the way to me for a total of $90 because I was able to document my mileage and because I was such a good customer! Now THAT is customer service! So, whoever gets the car, the vibration will be gone and you will have a brand new Cooper red line tire thanks to Diamondback Tires!

Last edited by 67 LeMans 326; 07-31-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry Joe, hope you got to keep his deposit!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A deposit was offered at the time of sale, I declined as I wanted to give the buyer the time he needed to get the money together etc. Next time around, there will be no deposit, no delay etc. It will be, here's the car, if you want it show me the money, here's the title and the keys, have fun with it and please take care of her!

I have an overseas buyer, but we would have to wait until Nov for the Turkey Run, then I would have to store the car for several months and deal with customs, international shipping etc. I would love to find a US buyer and have the car stay in the States...

Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Senior Chief

That's a super nice LeMans.

I know you're peeved, ALOT, but don't let that squeeze down your circle of potential buyers...there's guys out here like me that are honest enough with deposits and funding.
Dave

389 .030 400ci Tri Power, .068 cam, HO manifolds, M-20 4 SPD, '70 12 Bolt 3:36 Chevrolet posi-traction, Montero Red, Parchment gut, VINTAGE AIR, PFDB, Bilsteins, F&R HD Sways, Hotchkis rear bags, Firestone Indy 500 shoes

"What's the point of owning a muscle car if you can't scare yourself stupid from time to time ?"
Old 07-31-2012, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarkins View Post
That's a super nice LeMans.

I know you're peeved, ALOT, but don't let that squeeze down your circle of potential buyers...there's guys out here like me that are honest enough with deposits and funding.
Dave
Thank you for the kind words about the car!

I must have come across wrong. I am not actually peeved at the person. In fact, I am grateful that he called me, just as I had asked him too in the event something went wrong!

I am just saying that going forward, I don't want to screw around as I can't afford to loose the time. I am closing on my house next week, maybe sooner and this house has NO interior fixtures at all! So I am somewhat on a time crunch here. This car is our only resource to finish the interior of this house and this house was the deal of a lifetime that took three months to make happen. So all in all it's going to work one way or another I am determined to see it through. I am on a mission to make this happen for my family so I know it will all work out etc.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, now the fun begins. I've got several people wanting parts. Do I or do I not? That is the questions. I've got a guy who wants just the frame, suspension, floor pans & quarters for 10k. LOL I could easily part out the front clip, complete interior, Rally I's & red lines, fender well liners, stainless, glass, complete drive train and TONS of parts for probably another 10-12k. But come on, part out a complete driving car?

Old 08-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sacrificing this car to build a FrankenGoat would be absurd. Anyone viewing this pristine survivor as a parts car is a freakin' clown.

Seems if someone were truly willing to spring $10k for the parts mentioned, they would just as soon buy the whole car for a few grand more, take what they need at their convenience, and sell the rest.

Parting a car and selling the parts is a helluva lot of work, even if the parts are extremely nice. Your car is worth your asking price. You need to advertise it in the right forum (hint - this isn't it). Get in on Ebay, Cars Online, Autotrader, POCI/GTOAA publications etc. You need a wide audience to find a buyer - he's out there somewhere.

Good luck - that is an incredible car.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 08-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOnly70 View Post
Sacrificing this car to build a FrankenGoat would be absurd. Anyone viewing this pristine survivor as a parts car is a freakin' clown.

Seems if someone were truly willing to spring $10k for the parts mentioned, they would just as soon buy the whole car for a few grand more, take what they need at their convenience, and sell the rest.

Parting a car and selling the parts is a helluva lot of work, even if the parts are extremely nice. Your car is worth your asking price. You need to advertise it in the right forum (hint - this isn't it). Get in on Ebay, Cars Online, Autotrader, POCI/GTOAA publications etc. You need a wide audience to find a buyer - he's out there somewhere.

Good luck - that is an incredible car.
The parts I've mentioned are not all the same buyer. Doesn't make sense to me either. However, I am in an unusual situation where I don't have a whole lot of time. We close on our house next Monday and have to move out of the house we are in by the end of the month. The house we bought needs several things before moving in or shortly there after and this ole girl is the resource to make that happen. Given the market/economy etc. selling a bunch of parts might be easier than selling a car.

Sounds ridiculous I agree, but I learned that lesson 2-1/2 years ago when our 68 Firebird was rear ended. People didn't want to give me anything for it complete, wife and I and our son disassembled the entire car and parted it out in 5 days on a first generation Firebird website and all total ended up with ten times what people were offering for the complete car! It's crazy! Oh well, time will tell. I have the car listed on Ebay now, it's been on there for 3 or 4 days. I'll let it run out and go from there...

Old 08-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope you sell it i one piece

Old 08-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txbobcat View Post
Hope you sell it i one piece
Thank you, me too. The only thing that would hurt more than selling it, is pulling it apart! Not so sure I could bare it to be honest. Putting her up for sale is bad enough. I've already lost three complete nights of sleep over this and have actually thrown up twice just thinking about the car actually being sold! I can't imagine what would happen if I started removing parts! I'm not even kidding. This is honest truth!

Old 08-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...item3cc95591ce

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 08-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I officially have enough serious/committed buyers in large parts at this point to hit my target goal. Seems absolutely ridiculous to me but if I have to do and I have no other choice I will. In fact, I am closing in on my asking price and have not begun to calculate or think about all the tons of small stuff/parts. In reality, I'd probably be able to rack up a considerable amount over my asking price. I just can not imagine hacking this car up!

Last edited by 67 LeMans 326; 08-04-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 LeMans 326 View Post
Well, I officially have enough serious/committed buyers in large parts at this point to hit my target goal. Seems absolutely ridiculous to me but if I have to do and I have no other choice I will. In fact, I am closing in on my asking price and have not begun to calculate or think about all the tons of small stuff/parts. In reality, I'd probably be able to rack up a considerable amount over my asking price. I just can not imagine hacking this car up!
Wow what a beautiful car. I could not even think of something like cutting it up. If I had the cash I would buy it just so this would not happen. I understand needing money but wow is all I can say. Best of luck with the sale.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

thats just insane...

Old 08-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree! I honestly hope she sells! A couple more days to go. I will not accept anything less than 18k. I can't sell it complete for less when it could be parted out for more, so that is the threshold number where I absolutely have to be. The only exception being if someone doesn't want the Rally I's w/ red lines, red fender well liners and the converted AM radio and speakers. Minus those parts I can save the buyer about $1500 from my asking price.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I actually had this same conversation with a friend at work the other day about my 67' GTO. After seeing some of the prices of original, unmolested, rust free sheetmetal, among other things, i agree the car might be worth considerably more in pieces....it is sad to do that though.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I might be interested in the AM/FM/MP3 stero

Old 08-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah this whole scenario is strange. I just recently went with my appraiser friend to look at a 67 GTO conv for someone on this site that was on Ebay. This car was up to around 35k and when we put the car on the lift within 30 seconds we noticed the driver's side floor had a huge patch where someone had taken a jig saw and cut out the floor and popped riveted in a sheet metal patch & both quarters had about 2 gallons of bondo each at the minimum! The trunk pan was filled in with something so much so that the ribs were complete gone and the pan was flat! In addition to all of that the frame was very rusted on top where the "resto" guy couldn't get his brush to paint it. So yeah, if that car sells for 35k, my LeMans is certainly worth the 18k that I am asking!

As for parts, I have one guy who want the rolling frame (chassis with suspension & quarters only) another guy who would buy Rally I's w/red lines, red fender well liners, complete stereo system. Just in those parts right there alone I am at 12k. That leaves a COMPLETE front clip, COMPLETE interior w/ tilt, COMPLETE drive train, doors, trunk lid, wiring harnesses, all the glass, and TONS & tons of small stuff. But again, this is just stupid! I can't even imagine actually doing this!

Old 08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Joe
The labor to do the unthinkable has to be in the thousands and you are not really gaining anything especially when you are trying to move. Hang in there it will happen.
Joe