Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

yes i did.it says it miss fired when he moved the selector to the 3rd position,you can't do that.go to any gun shop and try every AR there and see if any have a 3rd position.

if it had an AR 15 style bolt with the cut out on the back the hammer will catch the firing pin when it goes forward either jamming it or breaking the firing pin.it is illegal to have any full auto parts in an AR.it is even illegal to have them in your house if you own an AR even if they are not in the weapon.you can own the parts as long as you don't own an AR???????

have 2 friends that are armorers in the army,1 friend owns a gun shop,1 runs Rapid fire(a full auto gun shop from Troy),several friends that are city,county,and state police.they will tell you that most of the guys out there can't tell the difference in the parts.wouldn't be the first time the ATF was wrong,check Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 PM

I like my Ruger PC carbine. They no longer make them, but can be had used. Available in 9mm (PC-9) or .40 (PC-4) they use the same magazine as the Ruger auto pistols, such as the P-89. Short and easy to maneuver, and uses the same magazine as your sidearm. Built like a tank, too; the mechanism is a heavy duty version of the 10-22.

And when you're not in combat, fun to shoot!

Old 11-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

years ago you could buy parts kits(still can,but that was how alot of AR's were made back then,cheaper).buy a lower reciever and buy a parts kit to put it together.PWC was one of the bigger sellers of lowers,but i think you could get Olympic arms also.i know i found a full auto Olympic arms on the shelf at Mitch's that he had just taken in on a trade and had not looked at close enough.

i agree,it would not have miss fired if the safety was left on the second click,it miss fired because of the new guy moving it past the semi fire position.so some where along the way the 2 position safety was changed out for a 3 position one.