Old 09-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What???Another Judge without safe-t-trac.I always thought that was standard with the Ram-Air engines,especially the RA 4's.
But real nice car to restore Doug!

Old 09-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The car has the pontiac version of a GM 12 bolt, 12 bolt center, but has 10 bolt axles.....that was a real puzzle. That however is probably how I ended up with the car, the left axle somehow got snaped and the left 1/4 had a rip in it when I bought it. I think the guy scared himself with it one to many times so he just parked it in the garage. A friend of mine fixed that for me right when I bought it, but I thought I remember it being limited slip. I'll have to check it in a while.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Safe-T-Track was an option costing $63.19 on my 69 RAIV Judge. Although it wasn't standard, I am sure not too many were ordered without it.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

DOUG, if you paint the car a 70 Pontiac color you will be going against your data plate. Not that it's any crime, just trying to point that out clearly. Certainly you can paint YOUR car any color YOU like. I don't blame you for turning away from the green family.

I always "thought" change alert had regards to the billing (price). Notice that both of these 'special paint' cars have the change alert and no mention of the extra cost for the 'special paint' option on their PHS sheets. Not stating fact, just opinion. I can see both sides - but it definitely was to alert of something that wasn't ordinary. Doug and Eric's cars were definitely special ordered (due to paint choice if nothing else), don't see why they would then go to another dealer for delivery in that respect. But I wasn't there that day.

Does anyone else here think Pontiac did these kind of things on purpose to keep us guessing well into the 21st century ? I think they planned it all ahead of time back then. Even the release of documentations and PHS was probably all mapped out in the early 60's. (just kidding - but sometimes I wonder) Man I love these cars !

Old 09-15-2005, 01:19 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Ever once in a while an old line worker will drop in these forums and enlighten the masses.

If it was on two special paint cars (change alert) one would think it had to be a flag for production line.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:48 PM
formerly Steved400

Stripe colors, who was talking about those? I'm lost in too many threads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stripes.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	27225  

Old 09-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT AT? ITS ALL WRONG! LIBERTY BLUE/WARWICK,CRYSTAL,WINDWARD/SILVER/BLACK ALL GOT WHITE/BLACK/RED. ANTIQUE GOLD/EXPRESSO BROWN GOT OLIVE STRIPES. IVE HAD THESE CARS YEARS AGO WITH ORIGINAL PAINT AND THATS HOW THEY WERE. TRUST ME I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT AND I KNOW OF MEMBERS HERE WHO STILL HAVE ORIGINAL PAINT ON THEIR CARS.NO WONDER SOME OF THESE POOR BASTARDS ARE SCREWING THEIR CARS UP WITH THE WRONG INFO. THATS GOT TO BE A TYPO OR SOMETHING AS IVE THINK IVE SEEN IT BEFORE.IVE GOT PICS OF MY LIBERTY BLUE CAR 1 DAY OLD AND YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE WHITE STRIPES.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:16 PM
formerly Steved400

Those stripe guide lines are out of the GTO Restoration Guide, by all means do not take them for gold. By now we should all know things like this are subject to error.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Diego,

Were you asking me about the build sheet I posted? Yes, it is a Judge.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JudgeWindowSticker.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	27274  

Old 09-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

THATS A GREAT CAR!!! BUT HOW COME YOU BLOCKED OUT THE SELLING DEALER?? I KNOW SOME PEOPLE DONT LIKE THEIR VIN OUT THERE BUT THE DEALER?

Old 09-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was blocked out when I was sending the information out to others, years ago. The information is still there, but you have to know how to decode it.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ZONE 15 DEALER 342

Old 09-16-2005, 12:26 AM

This thread has a lot going,but going back to V.O.E.(vacuam operated exhaust) I believe the pull cable controlled the flappers in the mufflers that opened and closed with engine vacuam. I believe Ram Air cars were excluded because of the duration of the camshafts created less vacuam to satisfactorily open and close them.
Also it is interesting to note that in the -1969- assembly manual shows V.O.E. to be originally offered in 1969. Blueprint sheets in '69 manual are dated 4/68.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good post Bob. I'm definitely going to hook-up a cable operated driver controlled exhaust of my own but not thru the muffers, on my 69 Judge.

The Hand Man has done some very good work on making an original "type" system through-and-with the mufflers. He has been using an external source for vacuum instead of the engine, which is a great idea. Could be used under any condition.

We need a Tiger Button decal that can be put on a reproduction Ram Air bracket and utilized as the control for super deluxe ultra cool-ness.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:43 AM
On Vacation

Going back a few responses, I believe the RAIV had the posi mandatory - not standard, but mandatory with the engine.

Chatted with my friend with the VOE . . . forgot to ask him. Will try after the Ps race.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Doug - here is a pencil shaded impression from the Daytona Yellow Judge.

Have you thought about painting yours something interesting like 1964 Marimba Red or 1965 Iris Mist... or even Plum Crazy/InViolet (Mopar).

Found a 69 Judge Build sheet from Framingham. It also has ** in the air breather box, like yours. Ransom had a 70 Judge from Framingham that listed D80 Torque Ro instead of Air Foil for the spoiler like yours, also. His sheet was damaged in the air breather box area and un-readable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	engine data plate.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	27596  

Old 09-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Here's my cowl tag

I thought I had to stick to 1970 GM only colors, other than Pontiac.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry, upside down, hopefully I fixed it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tag again.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	27650  

Old 09-20-2005, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-doug
I thought I had to stick to 1970 GM only colors, other than Pontiac.

I would imagine that to be the case.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

what does that 10D251 mean? October 4th week ....something