Old 03-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My guess is it was a plant or worker thing whether or not it got a speaker or cardboard. WHich plant were the cars with speakers from?

Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Suspended

Default RADIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hoog View Post
For a 69 A body.

If you have radio delete, what goes on with the front speaker? Grill? No grill? Speaker mounted anyway? Speaker mount not spot welded to cowl?

If you have radio delete or power antenna, what goes on with the front antenna wire hole in the right side front cowl panel area where it runs through to the fender? Grommet? Hole not punched?

Anyone know the answers to these and other very important questions?
No such thing as a radio delete in 1969. All 1969 Pontiacs, a radio was a option you had to order it, no matter how cheap the radio you still had to order it. So also nowhere on the build sheet or PHS will it say radio delete because you can not delete something that was never there in the first place, Now radio block off plate or something else? OK but please lets use the CORRECT PONTIAC TERMS AS WE ALL KNOW HOBI does not want the purists upset.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I hear General Mess (GM) just came out with a Pontiac delete.

Yes I had a 64 Tempest No Radio Delete model and it had a speaker in it. I used on a 64 GTO clone.

The problem....................... if I had a Pontiac purists in the car the music wouldn't play.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My firebird was equipped with an 8 track which meant in Camaro land that the front speaker was replaced with two kick panel speakers. It still has a piece of die cut black cardboard blocking the speaker slots on the top of the dashboard, held by two pieces of black tape. I suspect this was done on cars ordered without radio's as well.

As for the hole on the side of the cowl I've noticed on 69GP's (windshield antenna) and other cars ordered with rear mount power antennas that the hole is still there but a blind grommet (blind means with no hole) replaces the regular one used for the coaxial cable. Again this is logically what was also done on cars without radios.

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 03-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Suspended

Default speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by north View Post
My firebird was equipped with an 8 track which meant in Camaro land that the front speaker was replaced with two kick panel speakers. It still has a piece of die cut black cardboard blocking the speaker slots on the top of the dashboard, held by two pieces of black tape. I suspect this was done on cars ordered without radio's as well.

As for the hole on the side of the cowl I've noticed on 69GP's (windshield antenna) and other cars ordered with rear mount power antennas that the hole is still there but a blind grommet (blind means with no hole) replaces the regular one used for the coaxial cable. Again this is logically what was also done on cars without radios.
you are correct sir

Old 03-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobi View Post
you are correct sir
whaaat happened? I talked to Frank Rizzo on the phone yesterday he was ready to rip the lips off a couple of pukes on his 67 caddy. LOL

A kinder gentler Hobi? I am glad he like me! we share the same kind of sick humor!!!!!!!!!!