Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 01-06-2024, 10:58 PM
Senior Chief

Default DIY sun visor restoration

I’ve been playing with the thought of doing my own visors for the past few months and finally finished my test visor tonight. I’ll do a full run-through on my next pair if anyone cares to try. It’s a little tedious but I wanted to find a way that anybody without access to an industrial sewing machine could do but still have a sewn legit look to them.

Main structure is expanded PVC board and “filler” is EVA foam sheet. The only original parts you need is the spine/rod. It looks kinda wavy and crappy in these pics but in person it looks pretty decent I think. I put my old tarnished chrome ends on to see how it looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0538.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	626126   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0535.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	626127  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Entropy11 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2024, 05:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Would be very interested, mine aren't bad, but there is some staining that I just can't get out. .... and I just gave away my industrial sewing machine.