Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 01-25-2024, 05:47 PM
Senior Chief

Default 71 T37 blue color in interior

Could someone tell me exactly what shade of blue the carpet and rear shelf should be on a blue interior?

I know the T37 frequently did not have carpet, but Mine currently has a lighter blue rug. Im thinking it might have been added at a later date, since it has no jute or anything underneath. It is the correct loop style though

Old 01-26-2024, 01:16 AM
Senior Chief

I have a 70 GTO with a blue interior in my car and had the same question. I need carpet and a headliner so I talked to a salesman at Ames and he sent 3 carpet samples so I could pick the correct shade of blue.

John

The Following User Says Thank You to BB70 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2024, 05:27 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB70 View Post
I have a 70 GTO with a blue interior in my car and had the same question. I need carpet and a headliner so I talked to a salesman at Ames and he sent 3 carpet samples so I could pick the correct shade of blue.

John
Yeah, I got the samples for the rear shelf, but I'm just trying to figure out what shade the factory used for the carpet on the 71 . Must be 20 different shades of blue out there

Old 01-28-2024, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The shade of blue of the original '71 or 72 blue carpet matches very closely with that of the original door panels & rear side panels. Interior plastic parts like original kick panels can fade & color shift, thus its not the best to color match to such original plastic panels.

Many reproduction sources call the blue interiors of 1971 Pontiac A-body, GP's, & F-body's "Dark Blue" when the blue color is actually more of a MEDIUM blue. Conversely, the blue interiors of '69 & 70 model Pontiac A-body's had a true Dark Blue interior, that's easily noticeable in comparisons of nice original components.