Old 12-06-2020, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Tool Time, Tim Allen would love it.........

there outta be a section just for posting helpfull tools. iv'e stumbled across tools that I didn't know about and thought how would I have done without that.

these are fairly minor but I like em': as iv'e got older the jack stands iv'e used seem smaller and smaller for being under the car. (read that weaker) finally put and end to that. these are low height 10 ton sunex jackstands. no worries now.

I stumbled across the dual padded extending and 6" threaded floor jack tool. have not used it yet but it looks very handy for jacking up one side of the car for tire rotation and i'm thinking with the weight distribution and nice pads I will be able to jack up the firebird by the rocker panels. finally got another floor jack on sale and now my old one is for the door tool and extension tool.

I also used the sunex 10 ton high height stands that I couldn't have done without.

what scared me was the notice on some jack stands being recalled. I actually had some I got from a store other than harbor freight. I checked the #'s on em and sure enough they were the recalled ones. tossed em in the trash right away.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like the looks of those smaller jack stands. Might have to get a pair for myself this year. I had the older Harbor Freight jack stands, which were of course recalled. Then I got the replacements from HF, which were also recalled, so now I don't have any jack stands. I like the idea of having pins rather than teeth to hold the weight of the car, and I also like the look of the "pad" that would be a good resting spot for the frame.

On the topic of helpful tools, I recently got the newly released Milwaukee Gen-2 half-inch mid-torque impact wrench. Despite the relatively small size, it packs a serious punch with 650ft-lbs of loosening torque. I previously had the current DeWalt half-inch mid-torque impact, but the forward/reverse switch was always in the way and made it very easy to accidentally bump the tool into the wrong direction during use. Very frustrating, and potentially damaging. I put up with it for a year and a half before throwing in the towel and selling it to buy the new Milwaukee. Very glad I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201121_223039810.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	555550  

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild