Old 11-15-2020, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1969 TA from New Providence, NJ (circa 1986)

I’ve never owned a first-gen Firebird, but I ventured over here out of curiosity regarding a ‘69 TA that was in my hometown (New Providence, NJ) back in the 1980s. This car was still under a tarp, but the owner kept insisting that he was going to restore it. Someday. Was just curious if this car ever got sold and might it have gone to a fellow PY forum member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-12-2021, 04:45 PM

RB, I do not think this is that car but I've owned my 69 TA since 1998. I purchased it out of Florida from the second owner who lived in Pa, but moved his entire body shop and most contents to his larger Florida body shop. My TA was originally purchased in early July 1969 out of Koplan Pontiac in Elizabeth NJ. It had a 71 registration sticker on it from PA, and 2nd owner said original owner and he used to drag race it in Pa, NY and NJ tracks. It spun the #4 bearing in 71 or 72. It then sat in his body shop Pa for several years until his Fla move. I purchased it and completed the resto on it about 2001. Second owner, the shop owner, never mentioned anything about this car residing in NJ as he was good friends with first owner. That's alls I know, so to speak.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i bought a 69 ta out of pa many years ago. it was really rusty. finally sold it a few years ago. heard it is in florida now.