Old 01-24-2021, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Transmission pan bolt and crossmember

Had to replace a leaky transmission pan gasket on my '68 and noticed the rearward most pan bolt seems to be touching the crossmember. Easy enough to slide the crossmember back a bit to gain access to the bolt, but it doesn't seem right that it should be that close. Have done this before, but never noticed this issue. Wondering if this is normal, and if not, what the best way to deal with it.

Old 01-24-2021, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Did your trans mount get soft and fail maybe?

Old 01-24-2021, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, the mount is the only explanation. It might be the original. I guess I’ll pick one up and see if it makes a difference.