The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 11-20-2020, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It had the white red black as original. Everything was faded it had nvr been painted.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Darn, I know I only had a couple pics of the turquoise Judge when I bought it, cannot find. couple pics of the engine in the fellas garage for body work and paint.

my dads 67 Ventura he bought new. picture is around 1973. I remember he got those slot wheels from Spiegel catalog.

the lineup picture is around 1982 with my original carousel red RA3 Judge there, my 1980 Trans Am, my good friends 1979 hurst/olds which ran pretty good for that era. smoked me in my (ugh) 301 trans am.

and my first car there, 67 Gto. picture around 1977 or 78. bought it for 700 bucks.

my brother paid 900 bucks for his first car, that 68 Gto and was in the same shape as my 67 you see there.

yes, everyday drivers. no concern or thoughts of rarity back then. they seemed everywhere. I did drive the turquoise to white Judge as my only car to and from work etc for over a year. good times for sure.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JUDGE3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2020, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

give up on finding a good turquoise car pic. but its caused me to find some other fun ones.

1968 LeMans convertible we bought shortly after getting married in 1987, loved the car but missed the Gto power.

1970 Gto convertible, pic around 1990. it was a great car. came with an nos rear quarterpanel it didnt even need. very little rust. I put the ralley 2 wheels on it, a new top, the interior was excellent, same with drivetrain. never saw it thru the bodywork was on a family man budget. sold it to a co worker friend that still owns it. build sheet was still in that car. it had a power drivers bucket seat that i thought was pretty rare at the time.

1980 TransAm pic, if you look in the background, a friend live in the house there on the corner. thats a split window corvette, i believe a 1963? i dont know vettes but i rode in that once and remember they talked about rare split window cars. pretty sure they still own it. same house.

my brother and my dad putting a rebuilt engine (400, the original wt one.) I remember the disappointment of firing it up and a rod knocking. the engine shop -thats still there- honored it and went thru it again but it didn't ease the pain of the work it took at the time. pic was 1979. no garage hot summer day. classic. notice the rim wheels on it, it had original ralley 2's, I had put used cragars on my 67 I had at the time but they didnt fit well and rubbed. so we swapped and the ralley 2's looked good on the 67, cragars looked great on the 68 and fit. was in process of swappin em, thus the rim wheels.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JUDGE3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2020, 06:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for letting me know the stripe color as I appreciate it as it helps in my research with what color stripes Blue 69 Judge's came from the factory with.

Appreciate you looking for the pics as I would have really loved to see your crystal judge from back in the day for the stripe topic. Never the less, the pics you posted are awesome, thank you so much for taking the time to do that. I am going to send you a message with my contact info just in case you ever come across any info on your judge's

Thanks,
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
It had the white red black as original. Everything was faded it had nvr been painted.

Old 11-24-2020, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice work!

Nothing wrong with a tribute, especially if you want to mod them. I am straight up with people when they ask me if its 'real', I don't care what anyone thinks.

I'm happy with the judge tribute I did, it's a restomod, so I would have gotten crap from whichever way I would have done it. I have to have upgrades like suspension, engine, and creature features, I drive my cars.

442 tribute turned out nice too, pretty happy with that, and my daughter, who's car it is, loves it. It started as a cutlass S, got it for $2600 and in great shape.

My 'bird is an original 71 Formula 400 4-speed car, but it was far from original even when I got it. So making that a T/A was a no-brainer, besides, all the panels were still available from dealerships when I got it.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be