WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Electrical Tech

04-06 Electrical Tech Electrical issues with the engine, interior, radios, gauges, etc...

Old 03-09-2006, 12:01 AM

Question 2004+ GTO stock anti-theft system

I am proudly a new gto owner, and want to know how good the stock anti-theft system is. I don't see much point of getting a gee-whilickers system if the one that comes really works. Any tales of the new gto "really" being stolen? (not just left in a field to get out of payments). thanks very much
Old 03-09-2006, 12:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

It's more of an "open door" and "No start" alarm. It can still be loaded up on a flatbed or a wrecker without notice.

I have an aftermarket alarm on my 06 2500HD, for motion, jacking and tampering coverage.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

if you dont have the key the steering lock s
Old 03-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Senior Chief

I seen a program on T.V. about car thieves. They actually interviewed a dozen ex- car thiefs. The one thing they all said they avoided, was small blinking blue lights. Go to any dollar store and buy the smallest set of blinking blue lights you can get. The smaller the better. Stick them under your dash somewhere so all they see is some faint blue lights flashing. They run off of a small flashlight battery, and are cheap to buy { a buck or so }. This is on top of what ever else you do.