Old 06-07-2019, 09:00 AM

Default Adding air conditioning.

I have gathered just about everything i need to add a/c to my 62 tempest.
But I have two questions.
1 does anyone have any pics of their compressor installed so i can see how the brackets are attached. I may have to make those parts.
2 do i need a 2 groove water pump pulley?
Thanks

Old 06-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi, as far as adding AC to your car that's a great idea!! I was just wondering does your car have the Pontiac 4 cyl engine or the optional Oldsmobile 215 ci Aluminum V8? Your question as to the water pump pulley I think that well may depend on if your car has power steering or not. Another thing in regards to the belts; does your car still have it's original generator as it's charging system?

The AC your are planning on adding are these all factory GM parts (with a vintage A6 axial compressor) or did you buy a (new) modern r134a aftermarket add-on AC kit?

Old 06-07-2019, 08:36 PM

My car is a 4 cylinder. Does not have power steering. I have changed it to an alternator with a bracket I made to fit the original generator bracket.

As far as the a/c its aftermarket. I have a sanden compressor. I also picked up an old sears under dash unit.
Ive got everything except the comprrssor bracket. I can make it if need be. Mainly I just want to make sure the belts are routed the easiest way.