Old 08-08-2019, 01:02 PM

Default Interior seat cover help

Bought PUI interior for my 68 GTO. Just started on the rear seat bottom and the cotton is still in good shape. Should I reuse that? Should I remove the cotton and go to the hobby store and get some foam 1 1/2 or 2"? My first time trying this myself. Thanks

Old 08-09-2019, 03:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I used hobby shop foam in a couple of places myself but only after I had fitted the covers and saw where I had slack here and there. The best piece of advice I could give you is to find the best hog ring pliers you can get and buy them. I'd recommend a set but all the ones I've tried were less than optimum.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't put PUI upholstery in your car! The heat press on the seats will go flat as a pancake within 6 months and look like hell. On the door panels, sometimes, not always, the chrome plastic tape comes loose and falls off a few months after installation. I started putting PUI seat covers on my 69 when they came out back in the 80's. Back then they weren't too bad on the heat press
in the seat covers. Now they are horrible. Legendary seat covers and door panels are OEM quality and when installed correctly look like original equipment
upholstery and will last for years and years and look great. I probably went through 6 sets of PUI seat covers on my car due to the heat press failing until finally Legendary came out with their seat covers.....what a Godsend!

Old 08-14-2019, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtohurstjudge View Post
Don't put PUI upholstery in your car! The heat press on the seats will go flat as a pancake within 6 months and look like hell. On the door panels, sometimes, not always, the chrome plastic tape comes loose and falls off a few months after installation. I started putting PUI seat covers on my 69 when they came out back in the 80's. Back then they weren't too bad on the heat press
in the seat covers. Now they are horrible. Legendary seat covers and door panels are OEM quality and when installed correctly look like original equipment
upholstery and will last for years and years and look great. I probably went through 6 sets of PUI seat covers on my car due to the heat press failing until finally Legendary came out with their seat covers.....what a Godsend!
AMEN! Send them back!