Old 08-11-2019, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ha! Pontiac trick box - seat belt retractor covers

So, I'm slowly peeling off the keeper bits from the code 522 interior in the '66 2+2 parts car.

Seat belts appear to have been rarely used, if at all. My cali car is missing them, so, kismet, I win.

Manage to pop the covers from the retractor base with a little hook tool. But alas, the buckle from the belt can't pass thru the cover opening.

I'm living a Chuck Berry song in my own garage!

What's the story - just leave them on there and mask the webbing before painting the cover?

God bless GM, but this is a pisser... and I'm not shucking out for the repo parts that are the wrong color...

Old 09-10-2019, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop Man View Post
What's the story - just leave them on there and mask the webbing before painting the cover?
That's what I did with mine.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i would also like to find a way to remove them. My passenger retractor cover is cracked and my wife always seems to catch the cracked plastic when she grabs for the seatbelt. There’s got to be a way to replace the cover!

1967 GTO, 432 (428+.030), 4-bolt mains, factory Nodular crank, scat rods, icon dished pistons, Lunati HR 243/251@.050, .618/.622 lift, Edelbrock 72cc round port heads, 10.5:1, offy 2-4 intake, Edelbrock 650cfm carbs, Super T10 trans (2.64 first), BOP 10 bolt w/ Eaton posi and 3.36 gears