Old 04-06-2014, 08:29 PM

Default Idenify 1965 GTO post coupe quarter window part

Please tell me the name and the purpose of this part. i had it marked as quarter window part. where exactly does it go. anybody got pictures or diagrams. i am taking my car to get all the glass installed tomorrow and need to know. Thanks to all you guys for all the info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0020.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	359598  

Old 04-07-2014, 04:07 PM

A couple of different angles and a ruler would help. I don't recognize it as is. Skip

Old 04-07-2014, 04:15 PM

It looks like the lower inner sweep

Old 04-08-2014, 12:42 PM

Default Mystery solved maybe

I think this is the tack strip for the headliner at the top of the sail panel. Anyone agree? I cant put it in place since my headliner was installed a week ago yesterday. Looks good though.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:02 PM

My headliner tack strip was screwed to the sail. Anyway, if that's what you have, it's a moot point since the headliner is done. Wonder how they attached the top of the sail panel?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Senior Chief

Yes I would call that the sail panel tack strip. You don't need it for your glass install but you do need it when you install your headliner and sail panels. I had a hardtop parts car years ago that I cut up. Here are two pics from that car.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:19 AM

Thanks Brad for the detailed response. also thanks to everone else! I hate to appear to be so dumb about this GTO but i have been doing fords and mercurys for 30 years and have never done a gm car. I see now i should have taken more pictures.