Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Senior Chief

I started to strip the car last summer('10) then decided to move to Oak Ridge TN for a new job. Moved back to my house that didn't sell in Feb of '11 and basically settled in and in August decided to pick up where I left off. Before I moved I started to strip the car and I could see some sin lurking under the paint on the left rear quarter and decided to start there.....OMG, I can't remember grinding thru so much filler to get to steel! What I found (too my horror) was a low cost body shop cobble. A new repop quarter was over lapped on the old panel. Most of the panel was cut away yet where it was welded was overlayed, not flanged or butt-welded. OK, yet the real horror was the top of the panel where the trunk lid meets the quarter, the body line and down the side. A panel appears to have been bent over a bench top corner and hammered into shape to repair what I have no idea. See pic. I put the word out on PY and Larry from TOYSWEDO rescued me and sold me a partial, to my dimensions, CONVERT panel to cure what I needed. Thank you Larry, you are one stand up guy and I appreciate it! I trimmed it down to what I needed and let the fun begin!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	263119   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	263118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0294.jpg
Views:	101