THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-27-2024, 01:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Interesting you mention that. They did offer a rental car and I declined as we had just bought my daughter a car for Christmas and she isn’t 16 yet so my wife has been driving her car.

Talking to a friend at a body shop he said always take the rental car as it motivates them to resolve it faster since it is costing them money daily.

It makes sense- when I am still paying insurance and the payment on the car they do not lose anything dragging it out and there is a chance the car will be found possibly saving them money.

Old 01-27-2024, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
Interesting you mention that. They did offer a rental car and I declined as we had just bought my daughter a car for Christmas and she isn’t 16 yet so my wife has been driving her car.

Talking to a friend at a body shop he said always take the rental car as it motivates them to resolve it faster since it is costing them money daily.

It makes sense- when I am still paying insurance and the payment on the car they do not lose anything dragging it out and there is a chance the car will be found possibly saving them money.
I agree, if they offer a loaner take it, it they don't offer, ask for one. Working at a Dodge dealership for years, if a customer had a warranty issue with their car, and it was going to be down for awhile they would give you a rental to drive, and the rental charges were charged off to the car manufacturer. At that point, there was a great incentive to get that vehicle repaired and out the door. It even caused a priority escalation of getting parts that are on back order in ASAP, so they would not have to pay all the extra rental costs. If they had no rental to deal with, your car would be last on the list to be repaired.

Old 01-27-2024, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If they make you a legit offer(even if its a lowball one) they are off the hook for rental at that point.

Old 01-27-2024, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

^

Rental reimbursement coverage is an optional coverage with most carriers, with a separate premium being paid if the coverage is desired, and is typically a set dollar amount per day for up to 30 days.

So say you had $50.00 per day, the full 30 days would only be $1500. Not a big incentive for the company to potentially over pay a claim.

Old 01-28-2024, 03:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would have a hard time with that piddly bail amount and keeping myself from doing to him what was done to my car.

Insurance doesn't make everything whole... especially the personal violation part.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 02-01-2024, 10:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The finally came through with the payment. That’s 4weeks of hell I will never get back.

They did offer a rental car, but since we had just given my daughter a car for Christmas and she isn’t 16 yet my wife was driving it.

My body shop buddy said always take the rental car- it’s pure margin they are losing and motivates them to settle faster

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1965gp For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2024, 12:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They don't blink when its hundreds or thousands of loss on your end.

But they bittch and banter about every nickel and dime if its on their side of the coin.
ALWAYS take a rental , it does make a difference

Just 10 or 20 bucks is a big deal when they are working margins.

Glad your ordeal is over.
You came out better than they wanted you to.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Von Zeppelin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2024, 07:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

We got to see the car today checking if any of our things were in it.

There was nothing in the car except for some of our labradoodles hair and some pine needles from the driveway.

They put some god awful hood pins on it.

Window was smashed where the vin# is and the vin was scraped off. In the video on the news the car looked like it had spare tires on the front, but when we saw it the car had the factory wheels and the tires I bought. Who knows ….

Spoiler was gone, Hellcat emblems were gone but other than that and the window the car seemed in decent shape.

Glad to be done with the situation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2543.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	627769  

Old 02-12-2024, 01:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default This guy was insured...

for hilarity!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	guyco.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	628452  

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingbuzzo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2024, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo View Post
for hilarity!
I bet if more people drove around like this Geico would find "an error" and get it fixed quick.

Old 02-12-2024, 05:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

the reverse is also true - if they paid my premiums I would nascar my bird like a true sell-out... 🤡

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
Old 02-12-2024, 10:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be done with this!

The Following User Says Thank You to 1965gp For This Useful Post: