Old 12-19-2020, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good point about the Sales Class J. Agree this does suggest it was being accounted for within PMD.

Whatever the accounting purpose of the “dealer code “99-998”, it just seems to me that if the Harris GTO went to Fla as the Manifest seems to show and the Fisher GTO likely did not, then whatever purpose PMD Accounting was using the 99-998 category for, it had to be other than a singular destination.

I wonder why the Harris GTO wasn’t charged directly to Zone 17? Yet the Sundry Invoice seems to have been. Jacksonville was home to a GM Parts Warehouse. Perhaps an exec at the Parts Warehouse would be accounted for differently than someone working out of a Zone Sales Office?

When I lived there, I also knew a guy who had spent a career with GMAC. Wonder how Co. Cars for those guys were accounted for?

You’re right, we probably won’t ever know. But still fun to guess and speculate. In the end, I don’t think anything about the Fisher GTO Manifest adds a nickel of value to the car. Aside from the GTO option itself, it sure wasn’t optioned in a desirable way!

Old 12-19-2020, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post

I wonder why the Harris GTO wasn’t charged directly to Zone 17? Yet the Sundry Invoice seems to have been. Jacksonville was home to a GM Parts Warehouse. Perhaps an exec at the Parts Warehouse would be accounted for differently than someone working out of a Zone Sales Office?

... I don’t think anything about the Fisher GTO Manifest adds a nickel of value to the car. Aside from the GTO option itself, it sure wasn’t optioned in a desirable way!
I'd really need to see the actual document to try to expound on it.
But - an outside chance it wasn't the actual first document - or maybe another followed it.
On Firebird #1 and #2 ,,,, Bird #2 has 2 BHC's on file.
Ultra Rare to see more than 1 BHC -- in the BHC era
But lends heavy possibility there were multiples to many others as well, just not coming out of the archives to us.
Or ... un-kept

As we know, multiple invoices are a bit more common , coming out of the archives to us. On hit & miss basis.
It would make some logical sense to suppose the earlier accountments had them too, we just don't have the luxury to know or view them.

Speculation, but justified.

I agree on the Fisher Car , as it sits.
Restored and then enamored with a wild-tale of (yada yada 99-998 PMD Racing / Show Car / Moon Rover Proto-Type) it might could pick up a few extra dollars.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
As we know, multiple invoices are a bit more common , coming out of the archives to us. On hit & miss basis.
It would make some logical sense to suppose the earlier accountments had them too, we just don't have the luxury to know or view them.
By that , i meant more than one document of their same type per their accounting era.
Multiples of the same type form - used in their respective era.

Might be clearer, idunno. lol